plumbing options

May 15, 2015
Smyrna, ga
It's getting time again to start thinking about warmer weather and getting the pool ready for the kids. This is the second summer with a pool in a house we purchased (pool already installed). The pool came with a Polaris 280 pressure cleaner that has worked well until I recently tried it out. The booster pump has a 1.5" piping run (about 5-6 feet) and I noticed there are two ports in the pool that run to this connection (guessing there was a different cleaner at some point). Well, I plugged the unused port and hooked up the 280, got main pump running and started booster bump and it blows out he plug rather than running water to the polaris (assuming it's got to be path of least resistance even though plugged).

I have tried running a plumbing snake in and don't get that far from either end. I have also tried the Polaris 280 port without the cleaner hooked up and I am getting flow (with the other port plugged).

I would appreciate thoughts on the best way to address. A couple of different style pressure plugs don't work, they just blow out with the 280 in place.

Thanks.

Brent

Sounds like the wall fitting notches are broken. I would get a new wall fitting and a wall fitting connector. I always replace both together 9-100-9001 <---copy paste that on google

Good luck extracting it, sometimes removing the wall fitting can be a pain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.