Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa jet issue help please

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa jet issue help please

All
    I don't have any jet fittings on my spa they look like this picture just the pvc pipe with cover. Is this right? Has anyone seen this. With all the mistakes my builder made thinking this isn't right I've never seen a spa without fittings. There is four sets of four.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa jet issue help please

It really depends on the type of jet and often the actual jet nozzle is deep inside of that fitting. What makes you think something is wrong? Have you tried them yet?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    It really depends on the type of jet and often the actual jet nozzle is deep inside of that fitting. What makes you think something is wrong? Have you tried them yet?
    There leaving them "as is" in the picture above. There is not round jet that is attaching to the above just as is

4. Back To Top    #4

First off, that tile is awesome. Especially neat having the benches tiled. I really like the look.

I can't speak to the jet question specifically, but I am curious about the height of that bottom outlet of the four. Actually the bottom two of the four. It looks like #4 is right on top of the seat and #3 is not much higher. Are they high enough to be useful as a back "jet"?

Maybe the perspective of the photo is just hard to tell. If you sit in front of it, does the height of the them hit you where you want them to?

plat.
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"
    Link to my patio build, completed 2013
    Link to my pool build, Aug '15 - Sep '16

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by badcrc View Post
    There leaving them "as is" in the picture above. There is not round jet that is attaching to the above just as is
    The last two no way the builder made a mistake on this spa now it looks like another. That jet is even with seat

6. Back To Top    #6

I agree with platipus. The tiles are awesome! But the lowest jet is an issue if the picture has not distorted the height. No one wants a traumatic hot tub enema or the result of it to backwash into the tub. It looks too low for even a tail bone jet. I would be concerned too.
    22x38 with 3 sheer descents, 18" back wall, 4 deck jets, 3 bubblers in lagoon
    25,000 gallons, Standard White Plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge Filter Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair Intellibrite LED light
    Circupool Salt System, Polaris-Caretaker 8-port Ultra Flex In-floor Cleaning System
    (Tucson AZ area:Vail)

7. Back To Top    #7

Anyone else have useful comments. I am meeting Wed with the builder in the morning. There like its where it suppose to be since its a reflection spa. My attorney said that since its not useable it doesn't matter. Hate to get in litigation. Im going to request that they shave 2" off the seat and I'm good.

Any thoughts here?

8. Back To Top    #8

Worst case scenario, could that bottom one be capped and tiled over? You'd lose a jet but maybe you could ask them to make good on it in some other way. Something better than the cost of losing the jet of course, since they would have potentially had to pay lawyers otherwise... Just a thought.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools