Best brand and type of safety cover?

Feb 19, 2016
New Hampton
Looking to purchase a safety cover for my free form in ground pool.

Patio will be 8x12" pavers.

What's the best safety cover brand and type out there?

was thinking of a "super mesh" that blocks 95% of light from entering... do you guy's suggest something like this or is it better to go with a solid
that has some drainage mesh in the middle etc.

thoughts?

thanks

New York , yes usually fair amount of snow (except this year) Trees semi nearby but don't receive too many leaves from it, yes close pool for winter. I will install into paver patio. I'm very familiar with the current installation practices... however not as informed on which cover companies are really better then the other.

I personally like my "hybrid" cover...its solid, with a mesh square in the center. The reason I like it is that unlike a full solid, I don't have to drain it/us a cover pump once snow starts to melt, but at the same time the "solid" majority surface prevents any sunlight and much crud from getting in. I think mine was from Lantham as the PB used only lantham liners etc. at the time of the build, circa 2001 and prior to my ownership. The liner has now lasted 15 years, so I'm thinking Lantham is pretty solid in terms of quality ;) This cover might be just as old, for that matter, as it was custom. If so, its had a good life span...two small holes I patched two seasons ago and obvious weathering but still highly functional.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.