Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best brand and type of safety cover?

1. Back To Top    #1

Best brand and type of safety cover?

Looking to purchase a safety cover for my free form in ground pool.

Patio will be 8x12" pavers.

What's the best safety cover brand and type out there?

was thinking of a "super mesh" that blocks 95% of light from entering... do you guy's suggest something like this or is it better to go with a solid
    that has some drainage mesh in the middle etc.

thoughts?

thanks
    20x40 in ground free form kidney with bump outs, Omnilogic Automation, Turbo Cell 15, Hayward VSP, DE filter. Aquacal Super Quiet Heat Pump SQ175. 6 Pentair Magic Stream Laminar Jets powered by dedicated Hayward VSP pump with cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best brand and type of safety cover?

Where are you?

Snow no snow?

Trees nearby?

Close the pool in winter .?

You install or have a PB install?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

New York , yes usually fair amount of snow (except this year) Trees semi nearby but don't receive too many leaves from it, yes close pool for winter. I will install into paver patio. I'm very familiar with the current installation practices... however not as informed on which cover companies are really better then the other.
    20x40 in ground free form kidney with bump outs, Omnilogic Automation, Turbo Cell 15, Hayward VSP, DE filter. Aquacal Super Quiet Heat Pump SQ175. 6 Pentair Magic Stream Laminar Jets powered by dedicated Hayward VSP pump with cartridge filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

I personally like my "hybrid" cover...its solid, with a mesh square in the center. The reason I like it is that unlike a full solid, I don't have to drain it/us a cover pump once snow starts to melt, but at the same time the "solid" majority surface prevents any sunlight and much crud from getting in. I think mine was from Lantham as the PB used only lantham liners etc. at the time of the build, circa 2001 and prior to my ownership. The liner has now lasted 15 years, so I'm thinking Lantham is pretty solid in terms of quality This cover might be just as old, for that matter, as it was custom. If so, its had a good life span...two small holes I patched two seasons ago and obvious weathering but still highly functional.
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains