Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cameras - Which ones?

1. Back To Top    #1

Cameras - Which ones?

I wasn't sure where to put this so hopefully I'm in the right place. I've noticed that a lot of TFPers have security cameras that they often record and post pictures of their pool building etc. Which camera systems do you use and recommend? We're looking to set something up.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cameras - Which ones?

So not exactly the answer to your question, but I used my iPad and an app called laps it. I put the iPad inside in a second story window and programmed the app to take one picture a minute and let it run all day on the big days of the build. The finished video only takes a few minutes.
    20k IG gunnite/diamond brite, chlorine, cart filter, VS intelleflo pump, 400k mastertemp heater, easytouch 8, TF100. 20x40 free form, beach entry, attached spa, gunnite slide.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Yankee! I think I put this in the wrong place. Maybe it should have gone under Everything Else instead of in the Coffee Bar. I wonder if a moderator would move it for me.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #4

image.jpg

I have a Annke 4 - 720P POE Camera System with a 1TB DVR. Got it off Amazon for $220ish IIRC. I'm very happy with it! Very clear images, mobile app viewing, plenty options that I don't even have a clue how they work.

I highly suggested regardless what brand or specs you go with, make sure it's a POE system. A POE (Power Over Ethernet) system uses a Cat5/6 Ethernet cable to provide power from the DVR to the camera AND provides video signal from the camera back to the DVR all in the same cord. Make running the cables easier and making your own is very easy too!

Wayne
    24'X54" Round 15,000 Gallon Pool
    Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter With 1.5HP Pump & Center Floor Drain
    Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister
    New TFPC User And Couldn't Be Happier
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = A Perfect Trouble Free Pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Wayne!! Passing the info to the hubby!

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm using Sighthound software with wired and wi-fi connections, with a mixture of cameras from D-Link to Foscam. I recommend, whatever it takes, to gain bandwidth to handle HD cameras. One or more dedicated network boards and routers, coupled with a fast computer, make it happen. And it can be FTPed off site to a secure location.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is a screen shot from my phone of the pool today. Sorry about the leaves, it was about to rain and the wind was kicking.

Here is a link to the system. It may be far from the best but it's great for my needs. The customer service from the manufacturer sucks. I can understand more words from my 2 year old than I could from them. But it's pretty self explanatory. A friend of mine bought the 8 camera system that I installed at his house and he likes it also.

[Power Over Ethernet] Annke 4CH 720P (1280x720) HD NVR Recorder +1TB HDD W/4*1.0MP HD Weatherproof Security Camera System (100ft Superior Night Vision, Easy Remote Access, Motion Detect, Free App) Amazon.com : [Power Over Ethernet] Annke 4CH 720P (1280x720) HD NVR Recorder +1TB HDD W/4*1.0MP HD Weatherproof Security Camera System (100ft Superior Night Vision, Easy Remote Access, Motion Detect, Free App) : Camera Photo
    Wayne
    24'X54" Round 15,000 Gallon Pool
    Pentair SD-60 Sand Filter With 1.5HP Pump & Center Floor Drain
    Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister
    New TFPC User And Couldn't Be Happier
    Pool School + Test Kit + Pool Math = A Perfect Trouble Free Pool

8. Back To Top    #8

I use Arlo security cameras. Completely wireless, mount anywhere.

20K gal 32'x24' 4 bubble free form gunite pool w/ Midnight Blue Quartzscapes
    8' deep/3 1/2' shallow w/ 2 benches, sun shelf, 4' sheer descent, 4 deck jets
    All Pentair Equipment- Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear Plus 420 filter, Easytouch 8 w/Screen Logic Controller, IC40 Intellichlor SWG, Intellichem w/acid container, Intellibrite 5G Color LED pool & spa light, 2 Globrites

9. Back To Top    #9

Im using a SWANN system as the "base" setup, I bought a 8ch. DVR that came with 4 cameras and I have added a few dome cameras from Amazon"

SwannStore USA SwannStore.com

Amazon.com : R-Tech RVD70W 1000TVL Outdoor Dome Security Camera with Night Vision and 2.8-12 mm Varifocal Lens (White) : Camera Photo

cameras.jpg

The quality is decent, its not HD but it gets the job done, this pic is from the desktop software from SWANN, i also have an app on my Android phone that I use and can view my cameras anywhere. I have setup everything myself, all cameras are wired and are connected to the DVR and then the DVR is connected to my home internet router.
    Chris B.

New house w/ 28 y/o I.G. 15k gal. pool/spa, Plaster, Hayward DE-480S Micro Clear Filter, Pentair Whisperflo wfe-4, 1HP (Main Pump), Hayward SP2815x20 (Pump for spa jets), Versa Pool Heater, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, TF-100 Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Thank you! My husband is trying to figure out what we're going to do so I'm sharing these with him!