Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool spa dropping water level

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool spa dropping water level

I replaced a check valve a year ago because a serviceman told me it was not working. They also took off the water jet covers and said that I had s leak at the skimmer. It was fixed. About 3 months later , the spa started to do the same thing. Could the check valve be the problem again? I paid over $250 to deal with it already. Is the set up proper , or should I reposition the check valve Is it in a proper position being at that height.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool spa dropping water level

If the spa is draining down and the water level in the pool rises when the pump is off, back check valve.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Paul meant bad check valve.

Beyond that to answer any more could you post a picture of your pool and your equipment pad.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Is the check valve set up at your common return? If it is remove the check valve see if the gasket is broken. ( need to know what kinda check valve it is) If gasket is broken it's no good.

Check the valve where the check valve door shuts to, see if there is build up or excess junk or glue that you would have to scrape off so the check valve can seal.

Do you have actuators? if the actuators are open just even the slightest that will also cause your spa to drain.

So the valves to spa return and spa suction has to be closed. If all of that is good then it could be your valve diverter. The diverter in your 3 way valve act like a door closing off one side

causing the water to go to the open route.

P.S If you have a chlorinator plumbed before your check valve and your check valve isn't chemical resistant then It's not going to last long. That chlorine chlorine will eat it up. Gwegan is right a picture would make it so much easier to help with

your problem.
    40k Gallon Grecian true L Gunite Pool/Spa. Clean clear plus 520 cartridge. IntelliFlow VS-3050. Polaris booster pump w/ Polaris 360 cleaner. Silencer 1 1/2 hp Blower. Aqualink RS8 w/ Iaqualink 2.0 upgrade kit.