Georgia Pool Build.... FIRED PB need advice please!!!

Re: Owner Build in Georgia :)

That's great! You must be very excited. Well, please take advantage of this forum and the experience here to list the proposed equipment from your builder quote(s). Perhaps with a little foresight, we can help you avoid future problems, save some money, or ensure your pool is maintained in an efficient manner. Nice to have you with us. Welcome (back) to TFP! :wave:

That looks like it will be a fantastic pool! Is there a way to increase the resolution on the pictures? I get the general idea, but the words are too grainy to read. Glad you got some unofficial plans finally though!

Thanks, guys!! I was wondering about the stairs too. I suppose with the tanning ledge people won't need stairs to sit on. Does anyone have a tan ledge around 12' x 8'? I'm hoping its big enough for 2 loungers and 3 bubblers. I'm also curious about the placement of the deep end bench...would it maybe be better at the end of the pool.

I would probably add a bench opposite of that one so there are two opposite of each other. Then kids can throw stuff at each other.

I would do like was mentioned before and move your steps so they integrate with the tanning ledge. Then when they are moved I would move your light which is on the right side of the pool next to the tanning ledge on one side and have another one on the other side so they are both facing away from the house.

The step on the far left side of the pool I would make another bench so it is symmetrical to the other side of the pool. (This is my engineering brain not wanting things asymmetrical.

I personally think that steps shouldn't be a part of the tanning ledge. Before I built my pool, I was at a friend's and we were sitting on the tanning ledge and the kids would constantly be running in and out splashing all those that are around. Just a thought to keep in mind.
Have you thought about having the slide go the opposite way and then you could eliminate the step out in the shallow end all together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I personally think that steps shouldn't be a part of the tanning ledge. Before I built my pool, I was at a friend's and we were sitting on the tanning ledge and the kids would constantly be running in and out splashing all those that are around. Just a thought to keep in mind.
Have you thought about having the slide go the opposite way and then you could eliminate the step out in the shallow end all together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a thought! By the way, I just looked at your pool build....our slide is going to be just like yours!! How do you like it?

We're finalizing our plans tomorrow. I wanted the shallow end to be 3'9", but the designer suggests nothing deeper than 3'6". Is this the actual water depth or the depth including the waterline tile? My 7 year old is at least 4'5" already.

It's your pool! You and your family will be swimming in it (and paying for it!) not your designer :)
I say, if you want 3'9", then do it. There are some folks on here who have 3'6" and wish they would have gone 4'.

How have I missed this thread? Your pool is shaped like mine. I recommend step-outs on the benches on the side with the slide -- that way, the kids will not impact the sunshelf area at all. And, not sure of your depths, but this shape of pool is suitable to volleyball, with the "deep end" in the middle. Scratch that, with little kids, they need to JUMP, so a deep end is necessary. Maybe 4-8 makes more sense...

How have I missed this thread? Your pool is shaped like mine. I recommend step-outs on the benches on the side with the slide -- that way, the kids will not impact the sunshelf area at all. And, not sure of your depths, but this shape of pool is suitable to volleyball, with the "deep end" in the middle. Scratch that, with little kids, they need to JUMP, so a deep end is necessary. Maybe 4-8 makes more sense...

Helen, we have a lot in common! I think we're also going with the same plaster color that you did too....AND my son was born in Annapolis!! How I miss eating at Cantler's. Your backyard is pretty amazing BTW :)

This is our latest plans. I know it's a little weird putting the steps opposite to the house in the shallow end...but, it seems like the best use of space considering the slide location. We decided to go with 3'9" for the shallow end.

We are also thinking about going from 18x36' to 18x40' to gain more shallow end. With the original 18x36' pool we only have a small 6' of shallow end based on the designer's slope location. We'd like to extend that to have a 10' long shallow end. The designer tells me that this won't cost much more since it's an owner build. She said had we gone with a pool builder it would be about $2k more for the additional pool length. Can anyone confirm that this change won't cause a big increase in construction price?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.