Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool School SLAM - Indicator and Reagent

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Pool School SLAM - Indicator and Reagent

Just a minor suggestion... I notice from reading SLAM threads that people often run out of indicator and reagent, so my suggestion is to edit Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain - first line under Prerequisites. "You need to have a FAS-DPD chlorine test", including a backup refill of FAS reagent and DPD powder.

I tried to keep it simple, though I realize this would vary a lot. Having not done this, I based it on a few SLAM threads. A rough range looked like around 15-20 tests and 30-50 drops per test. Refills are cheap enough that it could be helpful to remove the worry of running out while the person is in the middle of the SLAM.

Thanks again for all the great advice and knowledge here at TFP.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Pool School SLAM - Indicator and Reagent

I see what you are saying as this is the THE test being used for the SLAM.

I will say when I know someone is going to do a SLAM I suggest they get the TF-100 XL for this reason..........more of what they will need to get them through the SLAM. There is no way the Taylor 2006 will have enough of the test to get through a SLAM.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Pool School SLAM - Indicator and Reagent

Good idea. I'm sick of trying to come up with workaround using OTO shades or dilution methods when someone runs out of reagents.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!