Interesting story to share

rmclain73

Silver Supporter
May 18, 2013
Needham, MA
Just spent some time this past week down in Bonita Springs FL. Family was swimming in the community pool for the condo owners surrounding it. Whoever is in charge of keeping it maintained should be let go, or spend some time on this site. First off, the water level was a good 3 inches low. Secondly, lots of debris in the water. Doesn't help that the skimmers weren't taking in anything as the water was so low. The absolute worst thing was checking of the levels. The gentleman literally just walked up the side of the pool, dropped in a few drops of reagent, saw that it turned color when it hit the water, then went on his way. I asked him what the reading was and he reply was, "where it needs to be". I asked how he could tell. He then acted as if I didn't exist and he walked away. It's no surprise that the pool surface already looks horrible even though it was just resurfaced last year.

Just took my fathers testers that he uses for his hot tub down to the pool to check the levels. Used a Taylor basic OTO kit and the test strips he had. TC and PH measured the same on both tests. The TC on the Taylor turned almost orange, off the charts. Same with the strip.

FC 4
TC 10+
PH 7.2
TA 90
CH 250
CYA 40-60

I was in the pool two days ago. Didn't have a strong chlorine smell then. However, yesterday bad storms all day and today is very windy. Lots of debris in the water. Can you have a CC of 6 or higher?? What would that do to you? Water is pretty clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.