We are signing on a new pool build. What do you think?

b0bathm

Bronze Supporter
Feb 3, 2016
Granger Texas
Hi everyone,
New to the forum and new to pools.
We are building our first pool.
We have 9 kids and now 5 grandkids and are looking forward to years of fun.
We have decided to go with "a pool builder" here in the Austin area after meeting with a few PB.
This is the design we decided on. The specs are:

25x39 free-form inground pool 730sq ft 24k gallons,7x9 raised spa
Pentair Quad DE filter,Pentair intelliflo VS-3050 x 2, 1.5HP Spa Blower
(4) Pentair Globrite LED 12v pool light, (1) Pentair Globrite LED 12v spa light
PV3 infloor system with (1) MDX R3 (5) 10"SDX, 2 skimmers with Paramount Leaf canister
Irish Mist Pebblesheen with Chocolate Leuder coping ,Travertine Paving Stones (tiramisu) in gravel and sand base

Sobhani Design 3.0_007 (1).jpg

Thank you
bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Another Austin pool. Pool equipment looks a little close to the pool - not a problem, just cosmetic. With a variable speed pump, if you pump on low like 1200RPM you'll hardly hear it, but you'll need to run about 2700 RPM for the infloor cleaner and you will hear that.

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

I would switch the pumps from the 3050 to the 011018. You don't need the extra vacuum release feature because your pool is new and it will have dual bottom drains if equipped. The vacuum release feature can cause issues.

How wonderful to have such a large family and grandchildren to be able to entertain with your new private oasis! I'm sure that will be a blessing for years to come! It looks like you've got a really great design. You've come to the right place for help on all the details... Everyone is so helpful and knowledgable here.

Keep the pictures coming! It's always fun to follow an new build.

You might consider adding a standing depth bench in the deep end (40-48" deep) attached to your existing bench. I've only seen it done on one or two other pools besides ours which we requested. No one ever bites on this suggestion but I keep throwing it out there because we love ours so much. Great place to play catch from opposite the shallow end. Ours are probably 36" deep and could be a little deeper, but are still nice.

Looking good!

I agree completely. We have benches in 3 out of 4 "corners" of our pool. Should have done the 4th also, it was just an oversight. Benches are great for kids to play on, throw stuff, rest, jump, etc. They use them like home base. And of course, they are great for adults to sit and sip tasty beverages.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello! I love your design and your coping & deck colors are similar to mine, except I now have white plaster but want to replace it with Pebble Sheen, and my favorite color is Irish Mist. How do you like the color? Can you upload some photos? It is difficult to find pools in this color, but I like it better than the medium to dark blues. I am in south Texas too, and I don't want a dark plaster color that will heat my pool water too much. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.