Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: We are signing on a new pool build. What do you think?

1. Back To Top    #1

We are signing on a new pool build. What do you think?

Hi everyone,
    New to the forum and new to pools.
    We are building our first pool.
    We have 9 kids and now 5 grandkids and are looking forward to years of fun.
    We have decided to go with "a pool builder" here in the Austin area after meeting with a few PB.
    This is the design we decided on. The specs are:

25x39 free-form inground pool 730sq ft 24k gallons,7x9 raised spa
    Pentair Quad DE filter,Pentair intelliflo VS-3050 x 2, 1.5HP Spa Blower
    (4) Pentair Globrite LED 12v pool light, (1) Pentair Globrite LED 12v spa light
    PV3 infloor system with (1) MDX R3 (5) 10"SDX, 2 skimmers with Paramount Leaf canister
    Irish Mist Pebblesheen with Chocolate Leuder coping ,Travertine Paving Stones (tiramisu) in gravel and sand base

Sobhani Design 3.0_007 (1).jpg

Thank you
    bob
    Last edited by kimkats; 02-25-2016 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Removed builders name-Kim
    25x39 free-form inground pool 730sq ft 24k gallons,7x9 raiese spa
    Pentair Quad DE filter,Pentair intelliflo VS-3050 x 2, 1.5HP Spa Blower
    (4) Pentair Globrite LED 12v pool light, (1) Pentair Globrite LED 12v spa light
    PV3 infloor system with (1) MDX R3 (5) 10"SDX, 2 skimmers
    Irish Mist Pebblesheen with Chocolate Leuder coping ,Travertine Paving Stones

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: We are signing on a new pool build. What do you think?

I love it! Is the shaped patio already there? You are going to LOVE a pool!

We would love to see a shot of the property as it is now so we can get a good idea of what you are dealing with.

kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I love these rendered pictures. I need to ask for one of those. Your design looks amazing!
    Starting Monday 4/18/16...18x39x30x14 L vinyl liner pool. All Hayward equipment: Tristar pump, 300K BTU heater, s310 sand filter, T-15 swg, Omnilogic. 2-12v universal color logic lights + 1-320 accent light on the steps, Latham gold pebble liner. Tf-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice! Another Austin pool. Pool equipment looks a little close to the pool - not a problem, just cosmetic. With a variable speed pump, if you pump on low like 1200RPM you'll hardly hear it, but you'll need to run about 2700 RPM for the infloor cleaner and you will hear that.
    Pool: 16,000 gallons, 16x31, 500SqFt gunite pool, White Pebbletec interior, built by Cody Pools. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, In-line chlor with Ultra UV, PV3 Infloor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch-P4 control. TF-100
    Spa: 525 Gallons, Coast fiberglass spa of unknown vintage and suspect previous care with a 2-speed main pump and a blower motor, both 4HP. 3-step bromine sanitized.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!

I would switch the pumps from the 3050 to the 011018. You don't need the extra vacuum release feature because your pool is new and it will have dual bottom drains if equipped. The vacuum release feature can cause issues.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

What an awesome pool!

If it was my pool(like the one I'm building now) I'd have a step down onto the ledge, or at least have them make it with 9+ inches of water.
    Gunite Pool/Spa, CLI Caribbean blue crystal stone smooth, Pentair 3hp Intellifo VS, Pentair Quad DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, KK Prowler 820, Pentair PSL4 controler with Screenlogic wifi, Inline Chlorinator, Pentair 1.5hp Spa Blower, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir. My 2016 Pool Build

7. Back To Top    #7

How wonderful to have such a large family and grandchildren to be able to entertain with your new private oasis! I'm sure that will be a blessing for years to come! It looks like you've got a really great design. You've come to the right place for help on all the details... Everyone is so helpful and knowledgable here.

Keep the pictures coming! It's always fun to follow an new build.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

You might consider adding a standing depth bench in the deep end (40-48" deep) attached to your existing bench. I've only seen it done on one or two other pools besides ours which we requested. No one ever bites on this suggestion but I keep throwing it out there because we love ours so much. Great place to play catch from opposite the shallow end. Ours are probably 36" deep and could be a little deeper, but are still nice.

Looking good!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

I agree completely. We have benches in 3 out of 4 "corners" of our pool. Should have done the 4th also, it was just an oversight. Benches are great for kids to play on, throw stuff, rest, jump, etc. They use them like home base. And of course, they are great for adults to sit and sip tasty beverages.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

You are going to need more chairs Design looks great!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

11. Back To Top    #11

It's a very nice design...beautiful, and I hope it goes great! Welcome to TFP.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

12. Back To Top    #12

Hello! I love your design and your coping & deck colors are similar to mine, except I now have white plaster but want to replace it with Pebble Sheen, and my favorite color is Irish Mist. How do you like the color? Can you upload some photos? It is difficult to find pools in this color, but I like it better than the medium to dark blues. I am in south Texas too, and I don't want a dark plaster color that will heat my pool water too much. Thanks
    18' x 38' classical geometric IG 15,000 gallons; was white plaster since 2001; refinished 2017 Pebble Sheen Irish Mist; max depth 5'6" with sun shelf, seats and raised spa; 72 cf. Purex Triton DE filter, 2-1/2 HP whisper flow pump, Polaris 380, Rainbow chlorinator, Aqualink + Spalink