Slate Sealer

Aug 7, 2008
I have a salt water pool. Can someone please recomend what is the best product to seal the slate coping and the tile at the water line which is also half submerged in the water? Originally the builder used a water based sealer which turned white below water line and flaked off every where else. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

everglades26 said:
...salt water pool...best product to seal the slate coping and tile at the water line, half submerged in water?.. Original builder used a water based sealer which turned white below water line and flaked off every where else...
I'm NOT an expert by any means but any sealer, water based or solvent based, is going to turn white below the water line if it isn't 100% dry for 3-7 days. I have to wait for a 5-7 day dry spell to seal my stamped concrete pool deck every year but I don't seal below the water line.
Last year I had no problem finding the 5-7 day dry time as we were in a drought. This year may be more challenging 8) ...

Can someone else chime in that knows slate and/or rock sealants :?: ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.