Variable speed pump and settings

McKinney

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2015
HUNTERSVILLE/NC
Original one speed motor was starting its end of life. It was tripping the breaker off the timer and sounded like a bunch of hamsters were sacrificed to the pool gods every time it did start.

So I started a long process of replacing the pump to a variable speed A.O. Smith 2.7 HP variable speed pool pump motor Round Flange from V-Green.

My question is that I know have a digital timer in which I can set 3 different configurations. I was looking for some advice on these settings. My pool information should be in my signature.

Is there a point to running the pool at 10% energy? am I getting anything from that? There is a primer setting. How long to run the primer setting or should I just use the default?

Lastly, I will need to SLAM my pool here soon. Since there is no just "on button" and I am supposed to run the pump continuously should I just set the parameters for all day? I am assuming yes. However, do I need to have it using 100% of the pump or can I run it the entire time at like 50%?

During the SLAM it should run 24x7, 30-50% is more than fine, maybe 1500-1800 rpm.

Here is what I do, it took an amount of trial and error to get to these points.
Normal running, skimming, filtering and making chlorine with the SWG is at 1100 rpm, uses 150 watts
Solar panels run at 1950 rpm uses 550 or 600 watts
Brushing with all suction to main drain at 2500 rpm
I also use either 1950 or 2500 to run the waterfall with about a third to half the flow to the waterfall and the rest to pool returns. This is for ambiance only otherwise waterfall is off at all times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.