Ready to change from Traditional to Trouble Free on PoolMath - couple of questions

Gah, can't you give me something easy? :) I have read and watched you tube videos - last year I even posted my pics and from my pics alone you people and your "special eyes" suggested it was at 70 - when I SWORE it was 100. I think I am dot blind :cyclopean:

OK - so I will practice more on my CYA - I have lots of solution - I stocked up when I was trying to "see" it last summer and gave up.

One of you geniuses HAS to be close to me . . . did I mention I love to cook????? ;) Kidding. Kinda.

Thank you guys for all your help!

Ya know, there is another solution here....his name is hubby and, last I looked (at the photos), he has some eyeballs too.

A few favorite meals, his favorite adult beverage, a nice desert ... heck, you could probably even get a nice pair of earrings or a necklace to go along with the pool water testing help...bribery, it makes the world go round....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

CYA drives me crazy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

So, I was trying to show y'all what I see by videoing and guess what . . . I can see the dot through the iPhone! Check this out, what do you think????

CYA drives me crazy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This one is the tester - should be 50

So the first video link was 30ppm CYA and the second one was 50ppm. I think you could have added a few more drops to the second video as I still saw the dot a little bit when you we're halfway between 50 and 60 on the tube. In the first video, I thought I saw the dot disappear before you got all the way up to 30ppm but it was hard to tell because you were going a little fast.

One way to do this would be to repeat the test but drop in test solution all the way the to the top slowly and then we can tell you at what time in the video we all saw the dot disappear. Unfortunately you'll need two video cameras and you'll need to sync the timing.....not easy to do.

However, that said, looks like you were doing the test correctly to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I'm so excited! I'm wondering if the reason I can't see it without looking through my phone- I have an astigmatism in both eyes - I have glasses but don't use them. I also mave Ménière's disease which is an inner ear imbalance- trying to look at the world through them makes me dizzy and nauseous, so I just quit trying. It also makes me dizzy trying to record and view through my phone. Tomorrow I'm going to try again with my glasses & see what I can see!

GIRL! You did it! You figured it out! WOW! So interesting that you can see it through the phone but NOT with your eyes alone. I can't wait to see what happens when you slip your glasses on.

I agree with Matt that I could see the dot on the last video just a bit so it would test out at 50.

NICE that the pool stores were WRONG and your water is fine!

This is something we will have to remember when some one else is having trouble seeing the test. THANKS to doing the videos!

Kim (look away, look back :slidehalo:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.