Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New build in Cucamonga, CA

1. Back To Top    #1

New build in Cucamonga, CA

17 x 36 with baja step (approx. 7' x 12'). 3 1/2' to 7' deep. 8' spa...We have had several pool contractors come out and give us prices. All of them have changed the design a bit but the size of pool has stayed the same. From top of pool area to back of house there is a 6' slope. The drawing I posted has 18" pony wall around back and sides of pool and 36" pony wall with steps at front of pool. Also have 6 pillars with lights around pool. I have a big family so want lots of room around pool for lounge chairs and table. After getting a few prices, we are thinking of a DIY pool/spa. Not sure yet. Any advice is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New build in Cucamonga, CA

That looks like a beautiful plan and a nice, spacious back yard. I'm wondering if the drawing is deceptive, but the deck space doesn't look overly large after putting several chaise and a table/chairs. The area in front of the steps will likely stay open as a foyer to the pool. And the chaise take up a lot of room. With the angles and planting areas, you do lose a lot of space to spread out...though they are fantastic looking. Have you laid this out with garden hoses or spray paint and chairs to test out the deck size? We also have walls surrounding our pool and did go big on the deck. My goal was to have plenty of area for the kids to "be kids" while still having room for those relaxing to be unaffected. So walkways needed to remain open with all lounge chairs in place. Just a few thoughts.

I'd suggest listing out your equipment and any other details you have to get the most bang for your TFP buck regarding comments/advice. And welcome!!
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I can't wait to see this one happen! Love the design. I do have to say go bigger/more on the patio around the pool.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I would also center your spa on the back of the pool. But that might just be the drawing...
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool in progress. Rebar and rough plumbing is done and gunite is being done on Wednesday. We are going to have brushed concrete for deck (thinking to add more to back and front areas) but not sure about coping. Either cantilever or Travertine 24" pavers. I want to have a light color tile, white/ivory (to match what I have inside house) with glass tile accents. Any advice would be appreciated. Having trouble uploading photos...working on it
    Last edited by Tnmflath; 04-19-2016 at 05:09 PM. Reason: add photos
    36' x 18' new build, 7' x 8' spa, rear of pool raised 12", Pentair or Jandy, V.S. Intelliflow, 460 Clean N Clear, 400K BTU (coping/deck undecided) light gray plaster finish

6. Back To Top    #6

Set up a photobucket account and copy and paste the IMG code into your post.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

7. Back To Top    #7

You can become a supporting member. It gets you more storage space AND a discount on the test kit!

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

This is my whole property...plus a few pictures from house. My property slopes from up from south to north... so we may have to have a small retaining wall to the south of pool. The raised bond/spa is going to be 12", so two steps on right and left side of pool.
    36' x 18' new build, 7' x 8' spa, rear of pool raised 12", Pentair or Jandy, V.S. Intelliflow, 460 Clean N Clear, 400K BTU (coping/deck undecided) light gray plaster finish

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you. It worked

10. Back To Top    #10

Beautiful design! I had that as my original design (double roman), but my yard is too constrained to fit it with the features I wanted, so we went with a more L design. Looking forward to watching your build, grats!!
    Swim ready :) My Pool Build Thread. IG shotcrete 34x16 Grecian shape. 22k gallons. 3'6 - 8'6 deep. 12x5 Baja ledge w/ 2 Bubblers, 14' raised beam sheer descent waterfall in stacked rock. Custom stone diving board. Hayward sand filter, VS pump, Aquarite T-15 SWCG. A&A In floor system w/ Gamma 4 venturi heads, Blue surf Pebble sheen, Colorlogic LED. Future Travertine Sandcastle Owner.

11. Back To Top    #11

Let the mud begin! LOL One day it will be done and you will be lovin life as you float around YOUR pool with a drink in your hand!

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Awesome design and best of all area. I attend the pro mx races at Glen Helen yearly and just love the Inland Empire. Just perfect from my point of view. Enjoy and keep us updated.
    IG Gunite, 16' x 30', 3 1/2' - 5' deep, ~11K gal, Pebblesheen, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, LED Color Lights, Taylor K2006 Test Kit.
    Build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...d-in-Humble-TX