New Heat Pump

tdrum1

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2010
Indialantic, FL
Hi all,

Getting a new Pentair Ultra Temp 140 and was just wondering about internet retailers.

I have ordered parts from Sunplay and A-1 but was wondering if ordering my heat pump online was a good idea.
Sunplay has the best deal as usual but it's a big purchase and am curious as to what other folks think.

To purchase it from the company that will install is not really cost effective more than $700.00.

We originally had a Rome but the company went out of business, the darn thing does not talk to my Easy-Touch and now it is not heating so, decided to bite to bullet.
Have to install a new Salt Cell it died so want to knock it all out at one time.

Thanks for any input.

Sunplay is great. I ordered a Hayward HP50HA heat pump from them last week and had it in a couple of days. I pretty much buy everything from those guys.

Sunplay is great. I ordered a Hayward HP50HA heat pump from them last week and had it in a couple of days. I pretty much buy everything from those guys.

Thanks PoolDVfor your reply, I went with Sunplay. I called them up to check on shipping and the young lady assured me that the heat pump would be delivered to my door using lift gate so no strain on my part.
Some of the other internet retailers have great prices but the Freight charges and or the method some require (customer takes off truck). No way I'm lifting a heat pump that's for sure.
PoolHeatPumps.com's site says they guarantee they are the lowest price on the net but the difference was $955.05. $3339.95 for Sunplay delivered or $4295.00 for PHP.com. I didn't even bother to call them the difference was too great plus, we bought our last heat pump and some other equipment back in 2010 from them and it is being or has had to be replaced already.

I will post when it gets here.

I started a thread years ago when we started our re-do of the money pit, now that I have time maybe I will resurrect it and get it updated.
It has been quite an adventure getting this pool/spa where is should be, don't get me wrong we have had hours of enjoyment along the way....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.