We have dug our pool and are waiting for the PB to begin the structure and forms for the concrete. We need to choose the decking and are leaning toward flagstone. I have attached (I hope) a flagstone we are considering. I have read that darker flagstone can get too hot. We have a large deck - probably 4500 sf - and lots of grandchildren. We are leaning toward a travertine bullnose coping so it is cooler when you sit on the side of the pool. Questions:
1. Will the deck get too hot to walk on? It is usually in the low 90s in the summer. I have seen warnings about the heat, but if this is an issue, why are there so many pools using flagstone for decking?
2. Will the deck show too much dirt compared to others?
3. I've heard the salt is hard on the sand joints and we were leaning toward a regular chemical setup instead of salt anyway.
4. I don't think this is the kind of flagstone that easily chips.
5. Anything else I'm not thinking of? Any better recommendation?
Sure appreciate everyone's advice!