Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vision Grills

1. Back To Top    #1

Vision Grills

Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vision Grills

I have a BGE and I absolutely love it! They have excellent customer service and I have a local shop in town that is an exclusive BGE distributor so they can do any kind of authorized service, parts, accessories, etc.

BGE is definitely more expensive but I know nothing of the other brands so I can't really say if the BGE is worth the extra cost.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

We have a PrimoXL and it is awesome sauce! I like the oval, the split grate and made in US is a plus also. Had it a few years now and there is nothing it won't do. It does low and slow like nobody's business. One load can run 225 for 20+ hours. We also got the cyberQwifi because who doesn't need to control their smoker from their phone, tab or anywhere else on the WWW.

I doubt you will find anyone with a ceramic smoker who doesn't rave about it. They are all amazing.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by rodog123 View Post
    They are excellent cookers for their price point. I am also a member of another forum that is a wealth of information. They have a section just for Vision (and all other Ceramics).

kamadoguru.com

I have two Kamado Joes that we purchased at a Costco Roadshow event, and love them!
    18x36 IG Vinyl. ~29k Gallons.
    Pentair CCP420 Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Inteli-flow VS Pump
    Hayward Goldline SWG
    Tigershark QC Robot

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the Big Steel Keg, Same type of cooker (only Steel) and I love it as well. Operates the same way as the BGE or other similar set ups. I have had mine for years, probably lots of options now. Once you have one of these style cookers, I can't imagine being without it.
    ~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

6. Back To Top    #6

I've had a vision since 2013 when the pool was built. We love it and it's pretty versatile. I've done pork butts, beef ribs, beer can chickens and even pizzas. Definitely worth the money, but its like the Ford, Chevy and Mercedez battle. For the extra money, the BGE or Primo gets you a little more refinement, but at the dragstrip you have more fun in the 69 Mach 1.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Old thread but I can't resist!!! I love my vision classic B!!
    I grabbed 4 (?) Yrs ago for $299... I had to do it!! It's been rock solid & a workhorse from low & slow to pizza fires...

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by PoolguyinCT View Post
    Old thread but I can't resist!!! I love my vision classic B!!
    I grabbed 4 (?) Yrs ago for $299... I had to do it!! It's been rock solid & a workhorse from low & slow to pizza fires...
    Awesome, I love outdoor grilling/ smoking...... My wife would kill me if I got another , sitting on four different types currently. Looking at a fifth.

~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

# of grills you need = # of grills you have + 1 😀

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by PoolguyinCT View Post