Clamp Band; Pentair 4000 series

Bfine

Feb 24, 2016
Newbury Park, CA
I am new to TFP and to pools. Moved from Chicago to a home with a pool with and older system.

The clamp/band knob and T-bolt is stripped. Is there a way to replace both (replacing
parts and welding)? The price for a new clamp band is very high. Any ideas that any members have used?

Thanks

You're right on ! I've seen these but was looking to replace only the T-bolt and Knob (both stripped), then, have
someone weld (Mig or Tig) the T-bolt bracket back together. The T-bolt and knob would cost about $40.00, and welding would cost another $20. (maybe :)).
Didn't know if anyone out there had tried to repair one of the clamp bands.

I'm just trying to save save save !!!!!

Thanks for the reply,
Bruce

Bfine,

I'm in the same situation with an old Hayward DE Filter. I'm hoping this will be my fix.
5/16-18 bolt and a sort of nut found in the hardware cabinets at HD. The bolt is 4" long but not 100% sure if it is long enough. I didn't measure the one on the clamp prior to purchasing. Obviously, I'm going to cut off the hex head on this setup and use a washer and nut to button it all up.
Plus Red Loc-tite at the nut for good measures.

20160225_221415.jpg

Bfine,

I'm in the same situation with an old Hayward DE Filter. I'm hoping this will be my fix.
5/16-18 bolt and a sort of nut found in the hardware cabinets at HD. The bolt is 4" long but not 100% sure if it is long enough. I didn't measure the one on the clamp prior to purchasing. Obviously, I'm going to cut off the hex head on this setup and use a washer and nut to button it all up.

View attachment 45346
Exactly. That round thing is called a barrel nut. You can also buy a piece of All-thread instead of a bolt and cut it to length.

Bfine,

View attachment 45346

If you use red loctite 271 you will have trouble ever getting the nut off again. The red stuff is permanent and would require a torch to get the nut off. Go with blue loctite 242 and you will be able to get the nut off with a wrench.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.