Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A REAL Swamp with salamanders

1. Back To Top    #1

A REAL Swamp with salamanders

I'm in the same boat. New owner of a pool never looked after for 5+ years. It's full of cedar junk and salamanders.
    Was more of a pond with a bull rush plant and blue heron fishing when we first saw it.
    Have drained most of the Black water out and have to get in with waders to get the 2 feet of swamp out.
    Concerned about the liner floating both sides of the deep end.. What to do now?
    2016-02-23 12.33.34.jpg
    2015-12-09 15.50.34.jpg

Mod note-This post was moved from here:

New swamp (hopefully pool again) owner - Page 5

Kim

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A REAL Swamp with salamanders

You need to get water in that pool and fast before it dries out. I would call around to find a pool installer that is willing to help you reset the liner. I hope the liner can be saved.

Good luck!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with Kim you need to add at lest a foot or two of water now. Then clean the gunk. Then either reset the liner yourself or have a pool guy do it.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool! I think you get the prize for the first swamp of the 2016 pool season!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

That's a doozy! I'd agree. Suck out the rest of the dirty water that you can and get some water in there. See if there is a nearby installer willing to help you out resetting the liner while refilling. A water truck would be best so that you can fill quickly when needed.

Speaking of water... is it city water or well water you'll be filling with? Well water is notorious for iron issues that you may want to avoid, depending on location. City water is the safest bet.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks everyone for the advice.
    Yes we are on well water that is high in Iron and magnesium.
    40'x15' ? in-ground cement pool with liner. Sand filter. will update more info later today as i get it.