Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chloromatic ESR 300 display incorrect reading

1. Back To Top    #1

Chloromatic ESR 300 display incorrect reading

Hi, all.
    I am new to this forum. I reall need your help. I've had a big problem with my chloromatic ESR 300 . It displayed 60 on output reading two days ago, but both of the led lights were still GREEN.
    Based on the user manual, this reading should be around 100. If the reading is below 96, one or two of the led lights will be RED.
    I did the backwash, cleaning cell and checking water chemistry. Everything seems OK but the reading still says around 60. How can I get the reading back to 100.
    Do any of you have any thoughts on this matter? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Kevin
    18k gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Davey crystal clear 400 sand filter, Astral CTX 400 (1.5HP) pump, Davey choloromatic MC30C-0 (ESR 300) SWCG, Kreepy Krauly marathon cleaner, Elite solar blanket, Davey SolarMatic heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Chloromatic ESR 300 display incorrect reading

Hi Kevin,

I have a Chloromatic although a different model to yours. Firstly, have you checked that you haven't accidentally switched the Winter mode switch on. This allows the SWG to run at a lower level happily (i.e. with two green lights)?
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jezza,
    I've double checked the setting and the unit is not in winter mode. Normally, if winter mode is switched on, the reading should be aroun 85. 60 is still too low.

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
    Kevin
    18k gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Davey crystal clear 400 sand filter, Astral CTX 400 (1.5HP) pump, Davey choloromatic MC30C-0 (ESR 300) SWCG, Kreepy Krauly marathon cleaner, Elite solar blanket, Davey SolarMatic heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Ok- it seems a bit strange that it would run at such as a low setting supposedly happily- could be a sensor related issue. I would ring Davey and see what they suggest. Is it still under warranty by any chance?
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Jezza,
    You are so kind. The cell is still under warranty but the control panel is not.