Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can I fix my pool cleaner or have to buy a new one?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can I fix my pool cleaner or have to buy a new one?

Hi All, this is my first post and wish to be more active in this community.
    I recently moved into a house with pool and was pretty excited as I have never had one before. The number of issues I have had is not stopping but I believe a lot is due to my lack of knowledge. So I hope to learn more here and make the maintenance into a usual routine than a problem.
    Of the several questions, here is my first one and probably the most urgent one.

I have a zodiac suction cleaner and don't know what model it is. Searching the internet, it looks like the T3 model (http://www.zodiac.com.au/Content/cms/products/pdf/WC205%20T3%20Manual%20Latest.pdf)
    It has been two months since I moved in and until two weeks ago, I believe the suction cleaner was doing its job. In the last week, I noticed the suction cleaner not running all the time and seem to be resting after while. Yesterday, it wouldn't work at all. So I decided to find out why and try to fix it.

I think the diaphragm is torn inside (photo attached) and believe that can be easily replaced. In the interest of separating the parts, I think I may have broken one of the clips in the process (photo attached)
    Is there a way to find the model number and try repairing it without spending too much ? I really want to avoid having to buy a new cleaner.

12k gal (45k litres), salt, concrete pebble, in ground
    Astral Viron P320 eVo pump, V25 PH Chlorinator, Cantabric 600 filter, Zodiac T3 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can I fix my pool cleaner or have to buy a new one?

Just noticed, I didnt do the edit properly and the photo links have gone missing.

The diaphragm photo is here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    The broken clip photo is here Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Since the post, I found this by research
    - My model is in confirmed as T3.
    - I found the spare parts for the broken pieces (diaphragm and hose connector).
    Zodiac Baracuda T3 / T5 / X7 Diaphragm Genuine - Pool Cleaner Spare Part
    Zodiac Global Hose Connector A0176700 suitable for T3, T5, MX8 MX6 - Pool Cleaner Spare Part
    They dont look that expensive at this shop. I will checkout local stores tomorrow if they stock these and hopefully my suction cleaner starts working again.
    Astral Viron P320 eVo pump, V25 PH Chlorinator, Cantabric 600 filter, Zodiac T3 cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

they are pretty easy to fix. The diaphragm lasts about a season or so, so it's considered a replacement part.

Check amazon also - I pick up 2 packs for the G2 for about $15
    28K Gallon old-skool plaster hole in the back yard in desperate need of an acid wash and a fixed skimmer diverter (yes, it's still broken)
    Hayward SuperPumpVS pushing some giant hayward cartridge filter setup
    SharcVacXL and Zodiac G2 to keep things clean

4. Back To Top    #4

they are pretty easy to fix. The diaphragm lasts about a season or so, so it's considered a replacement part.

Check amazon also - I pick up 2 packs for the G2 for about $15
    28K Gallon old-skool plaster hole in the back yard in desperate need of an acid wash and a fixed skimmer diverter (yes, it's still broken)
    Hayward SuperPumpVS pushing some giant hayward cartridge filter setup
    SharcVacXL and Zodiac G2 to keep things clean

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you Brett. I replaced the diaphragm and hose connector (with wheel deflector) today. It was $44 and the cleaner is working now.