Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from LA

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from LA

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a pool owner for the last 18 months, of which I have spent a lot of time reading these forums to get a handle on how to look after the pool better. With the advice from this forum, I was able to wean myself off the pool store and use only liquid chlorine and keep my pool very well balanced and clean with minimum effort. When we purchased our house, based on the condition of the plaster we knew the pool would need renovating sometime in the next few years, unfortunately after only 18 months the pool has developed a leak, and we are about to embark upon some pretty major renovations to the pool. I have many questions about this and will shortly post about this in the construction forum.

Thanks for all great advice over the last 18 months!
    33K Gal Gunite and Plaster, 3HP Pentair VS Pump, Hayward DE Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from LA

Hi, welcome to TFP! If you start a thread in "under construction" we have quite a few members here that would love to follow the progress of your renovations. Be sure post pictures of the process. We love pictures! Feel free to ask any questions you may have and we will do our best to answer.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh goodie! I am so glad you found us. We LOVE renos! I am going to look for your thread now..........I hope you have already started it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

Lots and lots of Reno's have been published here, and I enjoy them more than new builds pretty often. Good to have you with us.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!