Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spray painting the Liquidator tank

1. Back To Top    #1
    Brookline, MA

Spray painting the Liquidator tank

A few approaches were suggested here last here about how to render the tank wall more opaque in order to minimize chlorine degradation by light.
    Some reported using spray paint. I wonder which paint brand and color sticks and has a good opacity.
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :
    22k Gal gunite IGP, 38 SF Anthony DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    380k BTU Raypak Natural Gas Heater (Model RP405A) and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator w/ 12% bleach, Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage robotic cleaner. 3800 ppm salt, 50 ppm borates.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Spray painting the Liquidator tank

Krylon Fusion is a great paint for that situation. The color shouldn't matter very much.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Any color of the paint will be opaque so will block the UV, but white will reflect the best so will keep the tank the coolest.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

I used an Epoxy Appliance white. It holds up really well, just takes a long time to dry. I left a masked off strip down the side so I could see the level.

~25k G 20x40 Free form plaster
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 sq/ft DE
    Pentair Challenger 1 HP High Flow E.E.
    Zodiac G4
    8 gal Liquidator 3/8 line conversion
    Sundance Palermo Spa w/ozone and gazebo

LQ 3/8 Line Conversion