Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't See Photos

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't See Photos

Moderator Note - Moved form this thread: New Build in Rockwall, TX

I am also building a new pool in Rockwall! I have already learned a lot from this site. I wish I had found it months ago! I will submit my signature later today.
    Can someone tell me how come I can't see the pictures? There is just a X where the photo should be?
    Thanks, another newbie building in Rockwall!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't See Photos

Good morning and welcome to TFP! Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

We'll keep an eye out to see if either of these works for you.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Texas Splash, I was not trying to view my own photos, they were from another post and I could not see the photos he was posting. It just had an x where there photo should have been. I have been able to view some photos, but some just have an x on them. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ahhhh. I see. That happens to me sometimes as well. Sometimes the original poster changed the source of their photo and it no longer links to the post. Or sometimes, like here at my work, my server won't let the connection happen between the different locations. There are probably other IT reasons as well.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, thanks! That is frustrating.

6. Back To Top    #6

Look around and see if you can see photos in other posts.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

7. Back To Top    #7

Can you see this picture?

Pool Beer.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also Chloe, try to view the pics in my signature titled "My pool". Those are linked to Photobucket. The one above was just inserted (attached). We'll see if it makes a difference.

8. Back To Top    #8

I can see this one. Thanks so much for the test picture!

9. Back To Top    #9

Hmmmmmm
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!