Leaking pump

Jan 6, 2016
Franklin, VA
Hey all
I have a leak it looks to be around the shaft of the motor of the main pump. It's an executive 56 6hp. Is this most likely the shaft seal that has busted? I've you tubed that and it seems pretty straight forward to do but had some questions. The pump has a 6hp sticker and I can't find a 6hp listed for that brand anyplace. I havnt crawled under to get model numbers or anything yet so again not yet a big deal. I bought the tub used so I don't know what's been done to it in the past. Should i just rpeace the entire wet end and be done with it. I don't want to fix the seal and then have to replace junk every week after that. Everything still runs well just trying to save some future work. I am also assuming I'm gonna have to drain it to work on the pump (one month after a water change of course), so while it's down I want to do it all. Should I go ahead and change the seal on the I there pump also or if it ain't broke dont fix? Thanks again for the help. Also other than some leakage on my platform and water replacement any harm in letting to go another month til it warms up? It's been a little cold to be playing under the deck with water.

Rick

You might as well dig up the model numbers and associated info. I think the "56" means 56 frame, so somebody probably put some variation of a 56 Frame aftermarket motor on the pump. Alternatively, it could be a 56J motor of .6 hp.... 6 hp is kinda weird.

Part number of the motor 7-18 8794-01

Number on the pump label 8080036

It looks like a 3hp ao smith motor. I've got pics but need to find the directions on how to post on here. Pump is on a fusion williamsburg model hot tub. I went under the deck and it is also leaking from the wet end faceplate so that o ring is probably done also. Is buying the whole assembly the way to go?

Given what we know, thus far, we really couldn't know whether you need to get as drastic as replacement, or not. Do you have two pumps in the hot tub?

There are probably more numbers to be found. For example, the one you are looking for on the motor should have phase, voltage, hp, frame size, etc. ....

OK, finally got the pump pulled out(I hate it when work gets in the way). Its a waterway PF30. Im for sure going to replace the seal and o ring, what about the slinger and wear ring? Or should I just replace everything inside the wet end? Anyone have suggestions on a good online place to order. Amazon seems fairly decent on some things but over the top on others.

Thanks again
Rick

Whatever the FULL rebuild kit is.

Usually a huge o-ring (motor to wet end)

Then a much smaller one (where the impeller assembly goes in to wet end)

Then the ceramic shaft seal which is likely where your leaking.

Amazon is pretty fair on that kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.