Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Baja DeckBubblers?

1. Back To Top    #1

Baja DeckBubblers?

Can any of you good peeps point me to any info on the bubblers used on baja decks? Mine is going to be 6 inches deep, so the bubbler needs to be able to shoot thru the water without causing a geyser. Obviously, I'll have a valve on the bubbler line to modulate the flow, but I'm curious as to what kind of head to use.

thanks in advance,
    O/B Woodland Hills, CA : O/B12x30 inground with 6x6 10-jet spa, 10,500gal, 6' Baja deck, 42" spillway, All Jandy: 400k heater, 2.7 HP VS pump, 1.5HP booster spa pump, SWG, Intellelink controls, (4) LED lights, cartridge filter and BlueSquareQ360 infloor cleaning system, Eclipse drain, glass tiles, Zanzibar white pebble finish. Broke ground 2/18/2016, completed 8/16/2016. TFT 100 kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Baja DeckBubblers?

These are working for me. They are made by custom molded products CMT.

I have a video in a previous post.
    Bubbler Nozzles, finally found some to fix our lack luster bubblers!!
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

These are what we used on our 9" shelf, but I think you can get versions that are not lighted. I assume the only way to prevent a geyser spouting up is to run your pump lower or use an adjustable valve as you mentioned.

http://www.pentairpool.com/products/...ubbler-456.htm
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. Great tip and exactly what I was looking for!!!

O/B Woodland Hills, CA : O/B12x30 inground with 6x6 10-jet spa, 10,500gal, 6' Baja deck, 42" spillway, All Jandy: 400k heater, 2.7 HP VS pump, 1.5HP booster spa pump, SWG, Intellelink controls, (4) LED lights, cartridge filter and BlueSquareQ360 infloor cleaning system, Eclipse drain, glass tiles, Zanzibar white pebble finish. Broke ground 2/18/2016, completed 8/16/2016. TFT 100 kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Our PB recommended a "foam jet" not a bubbler. He said it shoots higher in the air and you can adjust it. He says the bubblers don't do much and will hurt my little ones feet when stepping on them but the jets are flush.

With that being said.... We haven't built yet, dig is soon!

6. Back To Top    #6

Curious what a foam jet nozzle looks like. Looking for a bubbler nozzle isn't the easiest thing in the world, unless you spend the big bucks for the lighted LED Pentair nozzles. I looked for about 2 years for the flush mount nozzles I'm using. Otherwise, bubblers are kind of a mystery to pool owners and pool builders. I'm just glad I found a solution that works and only cost me $15.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!

7. Back To Top    #7

^ agree. Even my pool plumber is kind of clueless. Finally I told him that the only thing he needs to do is get the 1 1/2 FPT supply pipes in location and trimmed so the CMT nozzles here will be flush with the finish. He wanted to use spa jets...Also, I've set up a separate supply line to the bubblers with a valve to moderate the volume.

8. Back To Top    #8

Baja DeckBubblers?

The photo is from my PB. I also have a diagram that won't upload.

9. Back To Top    #9

Baja DeckBubblers?

S:\CAD_Library\WaterCrystal\Products\WMO-Foam_Jet\Cut Sheets\WMO101-D101-REVD Layout1 (1)

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks, but that is a little more than I'm looking for. Im going to have chaise lounges on my Baja Deck and don't need that much splashing. Stang's bubblers are perfect for my application. Those Foam Jets are $138 each and they don't look like they are flush to the deck...so they won't work for me. But thanks any ways!

Link to your foam bubbler
    Pool fountain - WMO SERIES - FOAM JET - Crystal Fountains
    Wholesale Pool Equipment - SHALLOW WATER FOAM JET

11. Back To Top    #11

For those that have these on their sun shelf are they flush? I'm totally regretting not fighting for them our pool builder heavily suggested not doing them because he said people are constantly cutting their toes on them.

12. Back To Top    #12

The ones I installed fit flush and dont have sharp edges that could cut you.