Bski224

Jan 18, 2016
Long island NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Deciding on whether to go 8' or 6' in my deep end. I'm not doing a diving board or a diving rock. Any ideas or reasons on either one?? Also how about a corner bench on a rectangle pool in deep end??

Welcome!

It's really personal. If you don't plan on needing a deep end for a rock or board, I would generally say don't do it. If you're building a pool this large, are you planning on entertaining a lot with it? If so, having more shallow end will likely be more preferable. You'll still get a pretty fair amount of shallow end in that size a pool with a deep end, but it will limit what you can do with that end if you don't plan on diving much. Shelves/benches/swim outs are an excellent idea in any areas of the pool. We have them in the mid, shallow, and deep end of our pool. I love having a deep end, but it really depends on what you want to do with the pool most of the time.

Our pool is about that size and is a play/sport pool. We are really happy with that layout. It makes the pool really big and room because everyone can spread out. Sometimes we make a kid side and a grownup side. We have 3 benches around the pool and they are great. Kids love to play on them and adults can sit and sip beverages.

Feel free to look at our build in my signature for ideas on deep end benches for a rectangular pool. Ours is a diving pool - 8 1/2'. For me, where we have big backyards, a pool meant a diving pool. It's just what I associate with pool time. Very personal.

Much like when our installer asked us, "What do you want your pool for?" That really drove our shape, depth and overall purpose. Just like Pooldv noted above, once you know what you want your pool for (diving, sport, lap swimming, lounging, kids, etc) the rest should come easy.

We also have a 20x40 free form and we went 7 mainly due to no diving board and more money to go deeper, but if some crazy teenagers did dive they would be less likely to harm themselves. Insurance cost more as well,at least for me, if it was more then 7' deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.