Circupool V3 VS Pump. Just installed

55% for filter/circulation seems a bit high for VS pump I run mine at 1100 RPM (so more like 31%) 3 times a day for a total of 4 hours. Will probably be more like 6 hours during swim season The reason I don't do a single run time is doing it a few times skims the surface clear and we are getting a bit of pollen right now, may or may not result in a cleaner pool but it visually looks better and therefore makes my wife happy.

:goodpost: Multiple run/skim per day does keep a pool cleaner because the stuff is in the basket/filter and not sinking to the bottom. And happy SO is a bonus!

1100rpm is the magic number for my pump too for filtering, skimming and making chlorine.

I was having trouble getting any good flow rate at lower rpm's ( the whole reason i bought the vs pump )
Turned out after i cleaned the D.E. Filter it's working good now.
Iam able to generate clorine ( circupool RJ 60 ) at 55%flow , keeping the cell full of water.
And for running the krepey krawley i need 90-100 % flow rate.
So i started running a 3 hour 100% flow followed by 6 hours at 55%flow.
Stiil gonna need some tweeking, maybe to much run time now ??
I have a big Raypack Heater what is the best flow rate to use when heating ?
The heater heats even at 40-50% flow rate.But what is the best speed to heat quickley??
I only use the heater for the SPA, except i do heat the pool at spring break for a week.
Thanks for any info...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My pump gets air in the basket at 1100 rpm and not at 1950 rpm. It always has
(4 years) and has never been a problem. Cleaners need a lot of water flow to operate properly. You only need to run the cleaner long enough to keep the bottom clean. I would start at an hour and if it stays clean good, if not increase it 30 min. Then run at the lower speed a couple of hours and if that generates enough chlorine and your pool is clean then you are good to go. Increase run time if you need more clean time or more chlorine.

I'm not sure about best flow rate for a heater. My heat pump, not installed yet, says to set the flow where you get a 4-5 degree temp increase.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.