Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Destinations 2016

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacation Destinations 2016

Anyone planning vacations this year? Where are you going?

Hubby told me to plan a vacation where ever I want to go without flying... So we are going to Myrtle Beach South Carolina. It's our first vacation and I'm very excited to go! I'm taking my TF100 too.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacation Destinations 2016

yep..the backyard....first season with my new house/pool
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Nothing specific in 2016 but we are going to the big mousetrap in Florida in about a year. Our daughter will be almost 7 then so a good time to take her. We went to Myrtle for a few days in 2012, was very fun. If you find a pair of glasses in the ocean though I would like them back. Good thing there was a Lenscrafters there.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Later this year ... 7-day cruise on the Carnival Breeze. Gonna see how Mother Nature keeps her western Caribbean water clean.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thinking about flying to Vegas one weekend for the shows.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Casey,

This will be our 50th wedding anniversary and my wife and I are going to tour castles along the Rhine in Germany, with stops in London and Paris. Plan to stop by the beaches of Normandy and take the train under the English Channel just to say " been there, done that". Looking forward, 50 years seemed to be a long time, looking back it took about a week.. Sigh!!

Thanks for asking..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow! Congrats Jim on 50 years. Nice to hear.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

8. Back To Top    #8

No plans here other than maybe some long weekend trips. We did a 7 day cruise just before Christmas out of Houston on Princess lines to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel which was nice, it was our second time doing that itinerary, first time was also on Princess in January 2013 .
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

9. Back To Top    #9

Jim R, Happy Anniversary! That sounds like a lovely celebration.

Have several trips planned for 2016. Some are girl trips, some are family trips, and I even have one just for myself alone. In no particular order, 3 days in Memphis, TN; 4 days in Washington, DC; 7 days in Tampa, FL; 10 days in Navarre, FL; 7-day western Caribbean cruise (NCL); and my own little getaway.
    27' Above Ground, 18K gallons, 1.5 hp pump, Cartridge Filter, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Casey,

This will be our 50th wedding anniversary and my wife and I are going to tour castles along the Rhine in Germany, with stops in London and Paris. Plan to stop by the beaches of Normandy and take the train under the English Channel just to say " been there, done that". Looking forward, 50 years seemed to be a long time, looking back it took about a week.. Sigh!!

Thanks for asking..

Jim R.
    50 years... That is so awesome. And your vacation sounds amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donldson View Post
    Nothing specific in 2016 but we are going to the big mousetrap in Florida in about a year. Our daughter will be almost 7 then so a good time to take her. We went to Myrtle for a few days in 2012, was very fun. If you find a pair of glasses in the ocean though I would like them back. Good thing there was a Lenscrafters there.
    I'll let you know if I find them.

11. Back To Top    #11

10 days in an RV to the Carlsbad, Roswell, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley with a pair of teenagers over spring break. Destin for a week in July. Pool daily!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Destin for a week in July.
    Oh man, I was there last May and it was incredible. We stayed at Tops'l, which was pretty great. I have to say the mid-bay bridge had me white knuckling the wheel, we all found out that apparently I get a little tense driving on a 2-lane road over open water. It was my wife and I and another couple, we drove down and then the girls flew back while the guys drove home. That went great until my buddy got carsick in Cincinnati construction and I couldn't pull over. Oh well, the car was due for a wash anyway. At least he got his head out the window.
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter. Dual speed 1 HP pump, Hayward S210T sand filter
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

13. Back To Top    #13

Going to The Breakers in Palm Beach.. If you've never been its amazing.

Gunite Pool/Spa, CLI Caribbean blue crystal stone smooth, Pentair 3hp Intellifo VS, Pentair Quad DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, KK Prowler 820, Pentair PSL4 controler with Screenlogic wifi, Inline Chlorinator, Pentair 1.5hp Spa Blower, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir. My 2016 Pool Build

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by bradj View Post
    Going to The Breakers in Palm Beach.. If you've never been its amazing.

That looks amazing!

15. Back To Top    #15

Just south of Myrtle, Ilse of palms SC.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

The wife and I will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary this June with a trip to Maui.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwej View Post
    The wife and I will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary this June with a trip to Maui.
    Nice! Congratulations on 45 years!

18. Back To Top    #18

Oolong do island from south Korea. The most beautiful place I've ever been. Taking my 12 yr old daughter this time. Will be a life changing experience for her.

19. Back To Top    #19

Lou, is that this island: A beautiful island off Korea - Review of Ulleungdo, Ulleung-gun, South Korea - TripAdvisor? I've been stationed there twice (RoSK), but never made the trip to that location. Looks very nice. The rest of you are making my 7-day Caribbean cruise look like an overnight fishing trip. My goodness. Don't you people have pools to relax in?

20. Back To Top    #20

I love me some saltwater fishing, expecially in tropical places.
    So, me and a couple of my friends are planning a trip to Belize for a few days before long and are gonna try out the best sailfish fishing on the planet. I hope the fish will be biting.

My bags are packed and Im ready to go.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast