Diving Boards

natewa

Dec 31, 2015
Orange County, CA
I'm building a new pool and plan on installing a diving board. The 2 options I am looking at are the SR Smith Salt Pool Jump System - which uses a kind of leaf spring type system, and the Flight Deck II - which derives its springy-ness from the board itself flexing. Does anyone have experience with either one of these that wouldn't mind weighing in? Also, my pool dimensions will tolerate either a 6' or 8' board - any preferences? I am looking for the greatest "fun factor" rather than aesthetics. Thanks!!

Have you checked with your home insurance first, many of them will not cover pools with diving boards. And for a second question is your pool big enough / deep / long enough to safely install a diving board, mine is a 20x40 traditional hopper end, and I feel it is about the minimal size to consider having a diving board.

Welcome to TFP!

Once you solve the insurance, and safety matters a board is fantastic fun if that's what you want. If you want spring and bounce, you need a board with springs. Those without are very stiff and lack that extra bounce you are likely looking for. We went with a spring model and couldn't be happier.

Try Travelers Ins if you have trouble, they seem pretty open to pools. My rates didn't change and they didn't even ask about a diving board. Unlike my brother in FL who had to remove the diving board and the brackets to mount it had to be cut flush with the deck.

I got the SR smith cantilever jump stand with the 8' board, has a lot of spring. My son can do a 1 1/2 easily and is close to doing a double, I'm lucky to get around once. When I told my insurance co about the pool and board, they weren't worried as long as the pool met the requirements as far as depth and bottom contour.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.