New Build in Rockwall, TX

Looks great! Are they going to use a pumper truck to get the concrete back there, or wheel it in in wheelbarrows? I was told (correct or not) that unless I used a pumper truck I couldn't have my rebar raised up on dobies since they couldn't wheel the wheelbarrows over them. I was pretty attentive to making sure they pulled the rebar up as they went, and can attest that this did raise the rebar to where it needed to be off the ground. It would have been nice to use the dobies, but we didn't want to pay the extra $800 for the pumper truck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great, how wide is the band on the back side of the pool?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

It is 3 feet. Someone asked earlier if they were using a pumper truck. They did not. They were able to get to the side of the house (We are front entry drive) and used a motorized large wheel barrow to deliver the concrete to the pool area. Here is pic of what they used.

Eyetattoo, I think you asked about sq footage of deck it was originally 700 sq ft but we added a little after the forms were up in the fire pit area. Guessing it ended up around 720 or so.

It is 3 feet. Some asked earlier if they were using a pumper truck. They did not. Were able to get to the side of the house (We are front entry drive) and used a motorized large wheel barrow to deliver the concrete to the pool area.

Eyetattoo, I think you asked about sq footage of deck it was originally 700 sq ft but we added a little after the forms were up in the fire pit area. Guessing it ended up around 720 or so.
Thank you that helps a lot!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Sunray is doing the deck. We just went with the tried and true washed aggregate. Really considered stamped concrete, but in the end the cost was not in our budget. I left a lot of room for some items I knew would pop up. We are on a large lot, 90 x 200 and have a lot of fence to replace as well. Then the sprinkler system in the back will have to be completely redone. So there was that expense to consider. Turns out now, I will be doing a lot of grass replacement as well. Still staying within our budget so I am pleased about that.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant do you know what sub he's using for your decking? We wanted stamped too but when I went and stood on them in August it was HOT! We went with kool deck. Not the prettiest but it's not hot.

Are they not re routing your sprinklers? They did ours

Sorry Amanda, misunderstood. Not sure. A guy named Valentine is leading the crew. Met him early in the process. They would have re-routed our sprinkler's for an added cost, but we chose to go separate. We had our system installed right after we bought the house new. (we chose not to use the builder!). Local company here in the Rockwall area. He came out before the pool was started, capped our system in the back and is going to rebuild it to account for pool in the backyard. Even with the pool we still have a TON of yard left. All our neighbor's have commented how the pool just made a dent in the backyard. It's not a necessarily small pool either!

Our fence guy is going to build a concrete curb where the fence is being replaced so that the pickets will not rest on the ground,that was a few extra $'s but in the end will make the fence last much longer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.