Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Build in Rockwall, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build in Rockwall, TX

Hello all, been "trolling" for a while and decided to be a good forum citizen and join! Started our new pool last Wednesday morning Feb 17th, and it has been non-stop activity since.

Pool dug and steel in the first day! Plumbers out to stub the plumbing on day 2. Then a quick hold up for an city inspection. Saturday Gunite in.
    Today the tile guys are here and the plumbing guys are finishing up. Still have electric to go, then wait for the gunite to finish "curing". Been very happy with our pb. We vetted 3 builders and decided on this one, basically because of their personal touch. PB has been in constant communication since the start. So far we have been overjoyed at the progress and result. More to come. I'll get some pics up later.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Build in Rockwall, TX

How exciting! Glad you found a PB you liked and who is living up to your expectations. Can't wait to see pictures!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Yes, you are knee-deep in the pool world now. Nothing but stress and headaches for the next couple weeks. But soon it will taper-off and you'll be ready to fill. Stay close, post pics, and let us know if you have any questions. Welcome!

Oh, and later, don't forget to add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the Welcome! We are indeed knee deep in it! But so far the experience has been beyond our expectations. We spent a lot of time with the 3 builders we looked at and felt very confident that this PB was the one that suited us. So far it has proven correct. I have edited my signature as well! Looking forward to being an active part of the community.
    32' 4" by 22' 4" Free Form Gunite Pool. 478 Sq Ft surface area, 95' perimeter, 14,895 Gallon Play Pool. Pentair SVRS, 60 Sq ft DE Filter, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump. 500 Watt LED light. Tegulia Table, Tanning Ledge and 3 Step entry. Plaster: Wet Edge Satin Matrix - Anitgua

5. Back To Top    #5

Good to have you aboard!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome....and most important...don't forget to order a good test kit! TF100 as recommended here.
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

8. Back To Top    #8

OH Goodie! A new pool build! Pics PLEASE!!

Use photo bucket or such to add them!

Do you have a test kit yet? You are so close to plaster you need to get one now so you can test your fill water and know what to have on hand when the time comes.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Pics of the build, including a Drone view after the initial dig.

32' 4" by 22' 4" Free Form Gunite Pool. 478 Sq Ft surface area, 95' perimeter, 14,895 Gallon Play Pool. Pentair SVRS, 60 Sq ft DE Filter, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump. 500 Watt LED light. Tegulia Table, Tanning Ledge and 3 Step entry. Plaster: Wet Edge Satin Matrix - Anitgua

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Welcome to TFP!!
    Your pool looks huge!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the progress!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

11. Back To Top    #11

Love the waterline tile!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks great! How's your yard holding up with all the rain we've gotten the last couple of days? Ours is a mud pit! I actually forbade the kids from going out in the backyard because of the mess. My three year old lost her boots in the mud and came in a barefooted muddy disaster.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:

13. Back To Top    #13

BUT she had fun I bet!!!!!!!! That is nothing a good spray with the hose cannot fix!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    BUT she had fun I bet!!!!!!!! That is nothing a good spray with the hose cannot fix!

Kim
    Yes, she certainly did! She went straight to the tub and the cleanup wasn't that bad, fortunately.

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    Looks great! How's your yard holding up with all the rain we've gotten the last couple of days? Ours is a mud pit! I actually forbade the kids from going out in the backyard because of the mess. My three year old lost her boots in the mud and came in a barefooted muddy disaster.
    This cracked me up!!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

16. Back To Top    #16

Thanks for the comments! As to how the yard is holding up? About as good as can be expected with the rain. More work on Thursday as the electrician is out to do his thing. Still need to finish tile and coping, should be done this week.

17. Back To Top    #17

Today, they finished up tile and coping. Electric has been done, waiting on inspection. Next step is decking, scheduled for early next week weather permitting.
    Latest pics:

18. Back To Top    #18

Pretty! I love the colors!

Kim

19. Back To Top    #19

I finally can see your photos. Looks like it is going great. Your pool does look larger than I thought it would be based on the gallons. I am happy that you are having a great experience! Can't wait to see the finished product.
    Gunite 41K gal w/ beach entry, OK flagstone coping, boulder grotto waterfall, 4'sheer, Jandy 2hp E pump with SVRS, CL580 cart filter, 400K natural gas, IAqualink, Polaris 280 Black Max with pump, (3) Led pool Lites, 4Led Spa Lites, Nature 2 Fusion, 2.0 HP silencer blower, Spa 26' spa area 46sfw/6 jets raised 18", 3' bistro table w/umbrella sleeve

20. Back To Top    #20

Well today the rebar and forms are being set for the decking. It is moving right along. Pictures coming later. We actually added a little more deck after we saw where the fire pit was going. Need a little more room. Good to have a PB that will bring those sort of things to your attention. Now if the weather will cooperate we may have deck poured in the next few day. Rain in the forecast is not making it look good.

Fence builder should be in next week to rebuild the our back fence and front fence. Then irrigation guys in to restore our sprinkler system.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast