Pump size help

Feb 21, 2016
Springfieldwv
I bought a Coleman 18x9 pool last year and the pump that came with it really sucks!! I want to purchase a new one but not really sure on the size to get. I heard the "sand" filter pumps are the best just not sure!! Any help will be appreciated.

When it would run it it seemed like it was getting clogged and not run right. It wouldn't "bubble" it just seems like it's to small for the pool

The smaller pump/filter combos can easily get clogged with an algae outbreak which is why I asked the question. Pumps and filters are not meant to remove live algae and changing pumps may not solve your problem if that is the reason the pump is not working well.

But the pumps in the thread TS posted are good choices.

It is not so much that the Intex sand filters are great quality filters, it is just it is hard to beat their bang for the buck, particularly when you can get then from Amazon starting around $150 with pump. Having said that I suspect it will be a major improvement over your existing pump/filter combination, however no amount of filtration will make up for chemical imbalance and algae growing in a pool. So if you have cloudy water look first to your chemistry not to your filtration. See Pool School - Pool School

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.