HTH Liquid Chlorinator @ Wal-Mart

Cinic

Silver Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
Tempe, AZ
Wal-Mart has these two gallon (actual 128 oz. gallons) packs of 10% for $6.47. This is cheaper than my usual purchase of the 3 packs of 121 oz. gallons of 8.25% Clorox for $9.45 at Costco. Generally I'm happy with the Costco purchase because the bleach is fresh and I'm there weekly anyway. But Wal-Mart isn't much less convenient for me. However, I can't find out what the lot no. on the HTH box means so I have no idea if it's fresh or not. Searching here yielded the same question once or twice in other threads but it was never answered. The code on the boxes I saw was B2925. I didn't open a box to see if there was a normal code on the bottles inside. Thought I'd ask here first.

Does anyone know how to translate that lot number back to a production date?

I'll contact the manufacturer if nobody here knows.

Last edited:
You have to open the box to look at the bottle itself. I saw them in WalMart yesterday and they were 15325 on the bottles in my store which means they were manufactured in November of 15.

Why not just get WalMart GreatValu concentrated bleach, three for $8.85? They work out to about 5 cents difference per oz of chlorine between the 8.25% GreatValu which is always fresh and the 10% which is more susceptible to handling issues and generally a little older.

I love Costco, but not all their products are less expensive. There is no real difference between he branded Clorox and generic.

Chlorine Price Per Ounce Calculator

Look for WalMart Great Valu, sold single. Ours was always $2.98 but recently dropped to $2.95 each, which is 3 for $8.85.

There are several different varieties of Great Valu, so look for the one marked concentrated and it has the % listed as 8.25

I was just looking at this hth chlorine too. Code is A02861. Nothing on the bottles. Not sure how these are decoded

They also have single gallons of 10% for 3.64 made 16 034 which is cheaper than the great value.

I think I am going to give the hth a shot, at least it is stored indoors unlike home depot or Lowe's

I frequently use the 2pack of HTH liquid as it's very convenient for me. I've never messed around with checking the dates as I know WalMart only stocks this product in the Summer, so I'm sure it's somewhat fresh. Never had a problem with it in the past.

Our Lowes recently moved the pool muriatic acid and liquid chlorine inside on a back aisle just inside from the garden section.

PLEASE tell me they are not one right under the other like they did at my local store! It was quite a mess! One of the boxes of MA got knocked over and the acid leaked out onto the chlorine right under it! "What is that smell??" DUH! They have moved them far a part again.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
IMO, shopping at Walmart is so unpleasant that I *never* shop there.

At Costco I can buy bleach, get a bunch of yummy samples, check out the new arriving merchandise and pick up groceries. There is something to be said about my time and comfort and its worth a few pennies more.

You already said you are there weekly already...why add yet another store to your "to-do" list? Ugh!

Yippee :flower: <being overly opinionated as ever!>

IMO, shopping at Walmart is so unpleasant that I *never* shop there.

At Costco I can buy bleach, get a bunch of yummy samples, check out the new arriving merchandise and pick up groceries. There is something to be said about my time and comfort and its worth a few pennies more.

You already said you are there weekly already...why add yet another store to your "to-do" list? Ugh!

Yippee :flower: <being overly opinionated as ever!>
I agree, my time is worth more than visiting WalMart for no reason. But, I won't buy my bleach at Costco. It ends up being the better part of $1 more expensive on the 3 bottles. 99% of the time I stop at Dollar general and get the bleach there. I buy 9 or 12 at a time to fill my Stenner tank and I can be in and out in 5 minutes. But, it is on my normal driving route so it is no problem to stop there. Again, like you said you time is worth something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.