O/B Woodland Hills, CA

Then we changed our mind about the deck. After checking out Apapaz2's travertine decking, we changed our mind about poured concrete and acrylic coatings. He hooked me up with his travertine source and we got a pretty good deal...
so we had to demo out the old concrete decking (should have done this before digging, but oh well)
Before:
IMG_2118_zpsngmu1yy8-1.jpeg

IMG_2108_zpswuvqukxn-1.jpeg

After Demo:
IMG_2474_zpsagc6uiw4-1.jpeg

IMG_2289_zpsuimf8zyk-1.jpeg

All of the pool piping was buried at a level for concrete decking, so I had my plumber come out and lower all the pipes so we could get a good amount of base for the pavers. That was fun....
It's done now.

Frank, your coping is so sweet! I wish I would have gotten the two inch coping. Love it! You won't regret going with travertine. That is the one thing everyone comments on when they visit my house. Good luck the rest of the way.

Looks great, Frank! Lol on all the "changed our minds"! I think it happens a lot. I know I have done my fair share. Made another change yesterday, as a matter of fact. Oh well! Live and learn. The wall looks great!
Love the travertine! Is it walnut?

It looks great. To me the coping makes the look of a pool. This is such a great look. I'm getting soapstone countertops installed in my outdoor grill island tomorrow and went with the eased edges. I'm glad I did after seeing yours. Thanks for sharing.

The side yard on my house is only 7 feet wide. In order to make room for the Bobcat/excavation I had to remove my A/C condenser. It was only 10 years old, but was the soon-to-be-obsolete R-22 refrigerant...so in the vain of "you might as well" I replaced it with a slim line R-410a condenser....Which meant I had to replace the indoor coil to do it correctly. I used to be a mechanical contractor, so I get the equipment at wholesale and installation is my labor...

Old A/C unit:
IMG_0653_zpseti6yu6t-1.jpeg

Offending A/C pad:
IMG_0492_zpssxixaror-1.jpg

Quick trip to Carrier:
IMG_0646_zpsu1zrw3ej-1.jpeg

Up and running:
IMG_0781_zps53i4p8qo-1.jpeg

I wanted to point out that (of course) while the A/C was out, there was a heat wave in the 90's....

- - - Updated - - -

Coping is done!

IMG_2703_zpsnjguewnt-1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Request more photos of that coping/edge you have there. Please?!

Sure. Tell me what you want to see and I'll post them.

Nice job on the AC R/R! LOL on the temps while doing the work AND not having water in the pool to jump into when oh so hot!

I LOVE your coping!

What is next and when?

Kim:cat:

Thanks Kim! Next they start on the pavers .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.