New Owner Builder Las Vegas

Feb 21, 2016
Las Vegas, NV
Hello Folks! I'm new to the forum and I am thankful to have found this community after scouring the internet for information. I am getting ready to permit my owner/builder project in Las Vegas. I am looking for anyone who can assist me with a variety of items...Foremost, others in my area who have experience with pool construction in Las Vegas.

Additionally, Any suggestions on equipment, plaster, decking, etc. At this point, I plan to do a quartz plaster with a gray tint, Jandy cartridge filter, SWCG, multiple pumps, 400K BTU Heater, 2 sheers, 2 deck jets, paver decking and full automation by remote/device app. I have NO recent pool experience as its been 13 years since I last owned an IG pool.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated. I will post progress and details as I go...

Attachments

• 20160221_002651.jpg
    20160221_002651.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 401
Pool Plan Close.jpgGood advice on the punch list Killer95Stang. Thanks!

Here is a close up of the pool plan. My designer has called for 4 pumps total. 2 skimmers. I think it might be overkill.

I plan to run the in floor cleaning system. Should I be contacting the manufacturer to design the in floor cleaning locations or leave that up to the plumber?
Anyone have any preferences on equipment? It seems everyone has their different opinions on the big three manufacturers...

Attachments

• Pool Plan Close.jpg
    Pool Plan Close.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 363
I can see that! THANKS!

So I see two sheer descents and two bubblers and it looks like the spa overflows into the pool. I would make sure the sheers and bubbles are plumped separate so you can control them as wanted or needed. I would have each sheer with it's own valve and the bubblers can share a valve.

The bubbler by the spa------is it IN the spa or beside it? If it is IN the spa I would let it have it's own valve so you can let the other bubble while you are in the spa and do not want the spa one going.

Make sure to get model numbers for ALL of your equipment in writing.

What a pretty design!

Kim

Kimkats, the bubbler in the spa is right in the middle. I was told there is a small attachment you remove while using the spa. It is not designed to usewhile in the spa though. QingGuy has been gracious enough to offer some advice. Got me moving along.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finished the dig last week and plumbers will be done tomorrow. Steel on Saturday and electric scheduled for Tuesday. Starting to move along now. Just purchased all my equipment...here's what I ended up with. All Pentair due to a recommendation of my plumbers and his pool supply company. They were nice enough to get me everything at wholesale price which saved me from shopping around. Pentair 3hp VS, 2 whisper Flo pumps, 400k BTU natural gas heater, 520 cartridge filter, IC40 SWCG, 2 5G LED lights and 1 for spa. 3 light niches. 2 sheers, 2 deck jets, 2 skimmers, auto fill. For automation, went with the intellitouch system, wireless controller and smartphone bundle. Inflow design came back with 9 port setup and 32 heads. I'm hoping for the cost, the PV3 system will work properly.

Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

Once you load and open a pic in PB, there should be code options to the right of the photo. Place your cursor over the IMG area and click it once, then it should say "copied". That's when you come back here and simply paste it into your thread.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.