Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Owner Builder Las Vegas

1. Back To Top    #1

New Owner Builder Las Vegas

Hello Folks! I'm new to the forum and I am thankful to have found this community after scouring the internet for information. I am getting ready to permit my owner/builder project in Las Vegas. I am looking for anyone who can assist me with a variety of items...Foremost, others in my area who have experience with pool construction in Las Vegas.

Additionally, Any suggestions on equipment, plaster, decking, etc. At this point, I plan to do a quartz plaster with a gray tint, Jandy cartridge filter, SWCG, multiple pumps, 400K BTU Heater, 2 sheers, 2 deck jets, paver decking and full automation by remote/device app. I have NO recent pool experience as its been 13 years since I last owned an IG pool.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated. I will post progress and details as I go...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Under Construction-In ground 33'X26' with 7' Spa. 2 Paramount Spa Jet Packs, 3 Pentair 5G LED Lights, Pentair IC40 SWCG, Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 400K BTU Heater, 2 Sheers, 2 deck jets, 2 Paramount telescoping mini-bubblers, Pentair Intellitouch Automation with mobile touch wireless and Screen logic wireless bundle. Paramount PV3 In floor cleaning system with MDX drain.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Owner Builder Las Vegas

I want to help..........but the writing is too small to see even with my readers on.

Can you take two pictures? One of the pool and one of the specs?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Nothing stood-out as odd to me in the proposal, but there should be some other reviews soon. Welcome to TFP! PS ~ Rancho Class of '81.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

With a print as busy as that you better be on those subs every day with a punch list and directions. Making a few new prints separting each subs responsibility will cut down on mistakes for sure. Otherwise, looks good.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

Pool Plan Close.jpgGood advice on the punch list Killer95Stang. Thanks!

Here is a close up of the pool plan. My designer has called for 4 pumps total. 2 skimmers. I think it might be overkill.

I plan to run the in floor cleaning system. Should I be contacting the manufacturer to design the in floor cleaning locations or leave that up to the plumber?
    Anyone have any preferences on equipment? It seems everyone has their different opinions on the big three manufacturers...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Under Construction-In ground 33'X26' with 7' Spa. 2 Paramount Spa Jet Packs, 3 Pentair 5G LED Lights, Pentair IC40 SWCG, Pentair 520 Cartridge Filter, Pentair 400K BTU Heater, 2 Sheers, 2 deck jets, 2 Paramount telescoping mini-bubblers, Pentair Intellitouch Automation with mobile touch wireless and Screen logic wireless bundle. Paramount PV3 In floor cleaning system with MDX drain.

6. Back To Top    #6

I can see that! THANKS!

So I see two sheer descents and two bubblers and it looks like the spa overflows into the pool. I would make sure the sheers and bubbles are plumped separate so you can control them as wanted or needed. I would have each sheer with it's own valve and the bubblers can share a valve.

The bubbler by the spa------is it IN the spa or beside it? If it is IN the spa I would let it have it's own valve so you can let the other bubble while you are in the spa and do not want the spa one going.

Make sure to get model numbers for ALL of your equipment in writing.

What a pretty design!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

The in floor vendor designed my system.
    O/B Woodland Hills, CA : O/B12x30 inground with 6x6 10-jet spa, 10,500gal, 6' Baja deck, 42" spillway, All Jandy: 400k heater, 2.7 HP VS pump, 1.5HP booster spa pump, SWG, Intellelink controls, (4) LED lights, cartridge filter and BlueSquareQ360 infloor cleaning system, Eclipse drain, glass tiles, Zanzibar white pebble finish. Broke ground 2/18/2016, completed 8/16/2016. TFT 100 kit.

8. Back To Top    #8

Kimkats, the bubbler in the spa is right in the middle. I was told there is a small attachment you remove while using the spa. It is not designed to usewhile in the spa though. QingGuy has been gracious enough to offer some advice. Got me moving along.

9. Back To Top    #9

QingGuy has helped quite a few people. He is an awesome person!

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

Received my permits this week. Layout and grading started on Friday. Excavation is set to take place on Monday. Will upload some photos. Looking forward to watching the process...hope I'm not needed at work. LOL

11. Back To Top    #11

It is morning! Where are our pictures????

will you be able to be there while they dig? This is one of the times to do your best to be there just in case there are any questions or concerns during the dig.

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Kim, They will begin at 7 am or so on Monday. I should be home for a majority of the dig. Will get some before and after shots up by tomorrow night.

13. Back To Top    #13

I am glad you will be there for most of it........it will be fun to watch!

The next time you will need to be home is steel day.

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks like very nice pool. Sorry for all the interruptions during our calls. Sub after sub coming over to bid. If have any more ? Feel free to call.

16.5x37 free firm Gunite pool with 14 foot wet deck. Wet edge satin matrix Aqua blue pebble finish. Pentair 2hp variable pump. Pentair 540 cartridge filter. Pentair salt system. Pentair led lights 2 large 1 small. Intellibrite 5g controller. 1200sqft concrete decking.

15. Back To Top    #15

Finished the dig last week and plumbers will be done tomorrow. Steel on Saturday and electric scheduled for Tuesday. Starting to move along now. Just purchased all my equipment...here's what I ended up with. All Pentair due to a recommendation of my plumbers and his pool supply company. They were nice enough to get me everything at wholesale price which saved me from shopping around. Pentair 3hp VS, 2 whisper Flo pumps, 400k BTU natural gas heater, 520 cartridge filter, IC40 SWCG, 2 5G LED lights and 1 for spa. 3 light niches. 2 sheers, 2 deck jets, 2 skimmers, auto fill. For automation, went with the intellitouch system, wireless controller and smartphone bundle. Inflow design came back with 9 port setup and 32 heads. I'm hoping for the cost, the PV3 system will work properly.

16. Back To Top    #16

Sorry, I want to upload pictures but it keeps telling me the files are too large. Let me know how to post them....

17. Back To Top    #17

Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Storm80 View Post
    Sorry, I want to upload pictures but it keeps telling me the files are too large. Let me know how to post them....
    Check private message

16.5x37 free firm Gunite pool with 14 foot wet deck. Wet edge satin matrix Aqua blue pebble finish. Pentair 2hp variable pump. Pentair 540 cartridge filter. Pentair salt system. Pentair led lights 2 large 1 small. Intellibrite 5g controller. 1200sqft concrete decking.

19. Back To Top    #19

I'll try the photo bucket method when I have a few mintues. Thanks for the advice.

20. Back To Top    #20

Once you load and open a pic in PB, there should be code options to the right of the photo. Place your cursor over the IMG area and click it once, then it should say "copied". That's when you come back here and simply paste it into your thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast