Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa auxiliary blower not working

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa auxiliary blower not working

Noob here with a question. Spa comes on, heater comes on, but aux blower doesn't. Then the spa and heater shut down after a couple minutes. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Edit: it worked fine couple weeks ago and the entire pool/spa is only 11 months old

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa auxiliary blower not working

What controller do you have?

By aux blower, is that for the spa jets?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Hayward. And yes for the spa jets.

4. Back To Top    #4

Which hayward controller? There are several.

Can you manually turn on the blower with the panel button?

Also when you say the "spa" comes on, do mean the jets?

Most hayward controllers have timers that will shut off a relay after a set time. Any chance those timers were changed?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey Mark sorry to be so vague. I'm out of town and obviously new to this pool thing. Can't remember the model but I can control it from either the hand held remote or the panel. And by spa I do mean the jets. Seems like maybe there is an issue with the aux jets and the heater is cutting off because its over heating because the jets aren't coming on? All I know is it worked perfect until Saturday afternoon.
    Jeff

6. Back To Top    #6

If the heater was overheating, there should be an error on the heater panel indicating so.

When you get back, try it again but this time see if the heater led panel and/or controller panel readout report any errors. Also, check the controller timer settings to see if those were changed. But make sure you do this when there are no scheduled run times for the main pump. If a schedule start time kicks in, it can force an override of the controller.

A full list of your equipment models could be helpful too.
    Mark

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you Mark I'll check that out and will also add equipment models to my sig.

Jeff