Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: if you were buying a gas powered pressure washer.....

1. Back To Top    #1

if you were buying a gas powered pressure washer.....

..........for under $500, which would you choose?

And.....go!
    27' Above Ground, 18K gallons, 1.5 hp pump, Cartridge Filter, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: if you were buying a gas powered pressure washer.....

I've got a Kärcher 2400 psi unit that's about 15 years old. It was only about $250 and has served me quite well. When looking at pressure washers, consider pressure rating (psi), flow rate (gpm) and one of the most important things is what brand and size motor. Mine is powered by a 5 hp Honda engine. I personally prefer the Honda over a Briggs and Stratton.

With a $500 limit on your budget you will have a lot to chose from.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In that budget I would look at Sears rebranding of the Briggs and Stratton pressure washers, as Sears has a great 1 year repair warranty on such things where they will ship it off to be repaired at their repair center. I have one I bought there, replaced once the day I bought it due to a cracked fuel tank, repaired the next spring when it would not idle up / down correctly, no questions asked, turn around time was under a week. That was about 3 years ago, no trouble since then, just used it a few days ago. I do agree about liking Honda engines more than the B&S ones, but B&S also makes pressure washer (I think they bought out some other companies line of pressure washers 5-10 years ago).

Ike

p.s. I paid about $190 for mine, end of year clearance deal at Sears, regular price was just under $400, came with the spinning deck cleaner bonus, normally a $65 extra, real great accessory.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

4. Back To Top    #4

This is the pressure washer I bought a couple of years ago. When I compared washers, I decided this would be the best for the price, and what I wanted it to do. I haven't used it as much as I need to. It has worked great on my siding and my deck. Starts on the first or second pull. I also bought it from this site. Free shipping and no tax. It is also sold at most Menards and Farm and Fleet if you wanted to check it out in person like I did.

Generac 6598 3100 PSI Gas - Cold Water Pressure Washer
    Dave. 13,000 gal inground vinyl. 3/4 hp single speed. Hayward 300# sand filter. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Pool built in 80's survived tornado in 90's. Recently added (4) 4'x12' solar panels with solartouch controller. New to me 1999 Hot Springs Sovereign tub.

5. Back To Top    #5

I would choose the Simpson Megashot 3100. Runs about 400.00 online.
    Has a Honda Engine which is reliable and quiet, 3100 psi and 2.5 gpm
    its hard to be a simpson perssure washer.

My next choice would be the Generac Model 6809.
    You can adjust the pressure to between 2 and 3000 psi, which I think would be handy. 2.7 GPM.
    also about 400.00 online.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you all!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I just got an email advertising this one. Looks like a real bargain. 3000 psi, 2.5 gpm, Honda engine, $270 with free shipping. And with Costco, if it arrives and you don't like it you just take it back to your local store and get your money back. Check it out.

PowerStroke 3000 PSI Pressure Washer Powered By Honda
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Chief! i'll check into that!

9. Back To Top    #9

I just bought and received this today! Simpson Honda GC190 MegaShot 3100-PSI 2.5-GPM Gas Pressure Washer-MSH3125-S - The Home Depot

Simpson Megashot. I'll test it out later this week and let you know.
    Gunite Pool/Spa, CLI Caribbean blue crystal stone smooth, Pentair 3hp Intellifo VS, Pentair Quad DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, KK Prowler 820, Pentair PSL4 controler with Screenlogic wifi, Inline Chlorinator, Pentair 1.5hp Spa Blower, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir. My 2016 Pool Build