Dolphin Selection help!

Feb 19, 2016
New Hampton
I know they're are countless posts on this topic but i'm still completely lost and looking for help.

i'm looking to purchase a dolphin robotic cleaner, however in choosing a model i'm completely stumped.

i've looked at the dx6 , the active 30i, the s300i and the m500

holy smokes they make this process difficult.

I have an in ground 20x40 free form kidney shape with a couple bump outs, vinyl liner.

I'm looking to get it right on the first purchase.

Any thoughts on the 30i,s300i, and m500 out of these which would you go with and why?

thanks in advance for any help here.

Hi there,
We bought ours on Amazon before knowing about the wide selection . We are very happy with ours. The only reason we are retiring ours is that we did an entire remodel of the pool and installed a pool sweep with a booster pump. We have the
Dolphin 99996403-PC Dolphin Nautilus Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner. Really were amazed at how well it cleaned the pool, brushed the walls, and picked up so many leaves and small particles. May not be the models you were looking at.
What points about those models are you wondering about?
Good luck with your decision. I don't think you can go wrong [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dolphin makes good cleaners.
Since you have a vinyl liner pool, be careful not to get one thats overpowerful. If you look at specs and descriptions, they will state if its recommended for vinyl or not.

To go further with what Marla said about online purchase vs. warranty. There are inded online sellers you can buy from and still maintain the warranty, but they aren't bountiful. If purchaising online is attractive to you, search out the sites you can buy from and still have valid warranty.

I love, love, love my s300i! I started out with a Z5 and switched to the s300i.

The Z is a real beast and did a great job but way too rough on my vinyl. Plus, it was really heavy for me to pull out of the pool with all the water in it.

Chrissykr is there anything you dislike about the s300i? How long have you had the s300i? I see you have a rectangular pool, wondering how you think this unit would fair in a free form kidney shape with a couple bump outs?

did you buy online or from local dealer?

Chrissykr is there anything you dislike about the s300i? How long have you had the s300i? I see you have a rectangular pool, wondering how you think this unit would fair in a free form kidney shape with a couple bump outs?

did you buy online or from local dealer?

Maytronics replaced my Z after it damaged my liner (22 holes in 3 mos. of use). It was a looooong process and not one I care to repeat so I was only able to use Daisy for six weeks or so. She did an excellent job. I love the filter basket vs. the cartridges.

There is not one thing I would say I dislike about Daisy. I don't know about bump outs but don't think it would be an issue. Can you find a local dealer and test one out?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Chrissy, where did you get holes in your liner from the Dolphin? I have a friend using one (M500) in his Vinyl pool for almost a year now, and he's had no issues at all. Was it on the steps?

No, Most were along the bottom about one inch from the actual base of the pool. It was like the plastic guards rubbed all along the sides of the incline. I had four holes in the deep end. one in the bottom of the pool, and three on the sides in various spots.

There were four on one side of the incline and the rest were on the other side. I know now which side of my pool it preferred.

The robot was fast, it really banged into my sides as it raced around. It was a beast, it was heavy for me, and I am not weak but even pulling it out of the water was a job. It was a great robot just way too much robot for me and my pool.

The s300i is so much more gentle. it glides along and does it's thing.

It almost reminds me of a wrestler vs. a ballerina.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.