Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbler Nozzles, finally found some to fix our lack luster bubblers!

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbler Nozzles, finally found some to fix our lack luster bubblers!

So.. 2-1/2 years ago when our pool was built, we asked the builder for two bubblers on the Baja shelf. He did give us what we wanted, kinda... but I felt they never really looked good. The problem, all that was supplied was two 1-1/2" fpt threaded returns that were flush in the baja shelf. Because these outlets were so big, the water would only rise about 1 to 2 inches above the surface. For the past few years I looked for a return nozzle that would fit flush into the threaded return, so people wouldn't trip on them when walking on the shelf, but surprisingly their isn't much out there.

I forgot to mention, my baja shelf is about 12" deep, so these nozzle are now pushing through 12 inches of water then 6 to 8 inches above the water.

Finally, I found some bubbler nozzles from a company called Custom Molded Products, that fit all my requirements. Grey in color, 1-1/2" threaded and fit flush with the surface.

Here's a video of them in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTRvAadJRdQ

Hopefully this will help someone in a similar situation.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbler Nozzles, finally found some to fix our lack luster bubblers!

That looks nice! LOVE the sound they make. Good find!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Where did you purchase?

4. Back To Top    #4

swimcsi.com was the only place I could find them. Took about 2 weeks and cost about $15 for 2 of them shipped. They have them in white, grey and black
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!

5. Back To Top    #5

interesting idea. Out baja is more like 16" deep. We just have a white pvc with an eyeball sort of end to it, which is just two inches below the water level. But yeah, then there is a 15" white pvc pipe just sticking up. I like this idea at shallower levels.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeChris View Post
    interesting idea. Out baja is more like 16" deep. We just have a white pvc with an eyeball sort of end to it, which is just two inches below the water level. But yeah, then there is a 15" white pvc pipe just sticking up. I like this idea at shallower levels.
    Might be worth a try. If you have small children, I'm sure those pvc pipes can be in the way at times.

7. Back To Top    #7

Can anyone tell me if these bubbler nozzles are still around/available and what the product is called specifically? I would like these for our shelf. Our bubblers sit up higher and aren't flush. I have 2 young toddlers and flush fittings right now would be ideal. Thanks!

8. Back To Top    #8

I could still only find it at swimcsi.com - I bough a gray one just about 2 weeks back thanks to Killer95Stang's recommendation in another thread. I've not installed it yet because I'm not putting my foot in even the 7" deep water when it is 60 degrees. It'll go in this spring. The shipping was more than the bubbler - but at least they have them. Be sure and look for a different color if you don't want gray http://www.swimcsi.com/cmp-1-1-2in-p...3-001-000.html
    Greg -
    11K gal, IG Pebble Sheen (Aqua Blue) with sun ledge and attached spa, Pentair Intelliflow 3050 VS/SVRS (3HP), Pentair ET 8 with Screen Logic, Pentair Racer with 3/4 HP booster pump, 400KBTU Pentair Mastertemp, Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter, J&J Intellibrite LED in spa, Zodiac Nature 2 (not used), Stenner pump/liquid Chlorine, build completed in August 2015

9. Back To Top    #9

Perfect!! Thank you!! I looked at that website and couldn't find them. Thanks for the link!! I have the eyeball looking nozzles with the single open hole and they look terrible. I'm also afraid my kids are going to get their toes stuck in them as well as trip! This is great. And gray is what I need as well. Thank you!

10. Back To Top    #10

anyone have any luck finding an online source for the CMP multi-tool (25590-250-000) that can be used to remove these shelf bubblers? We had 3 installed on our shelf but 1 of them is plumbed with the regular pool returns and I was wanting to put a regular pool return fitting on that one.
    Build started 6/17. 33x23 free-form, IG, sport pool (approx 17k gallons). Plaster. SWG. Pentair CCP520, Pentair IF 3HP VSP (011018). Dolphin robot cleaner TDB

11. Back To Top    #11

darin, the place that comes to mind for that kind of thing is Swimming Pool Supplies, Pool Safety Cover, Swimming Pool Covers, Swimming Pool Pumps, Pool Pump Parts - INYOPools.com
    . They have all kinds of unusual stuff or can find it. Let us know if they can help you out.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

I bought one of these but have not installed - will do when things warm up, from the looks of it - a pair of snap ring pliers would work well install/deinstall -
    Greg -
    11K gal, IG Pebble Sheen (Aqua Blue) with sun ledge and attached spa, Pentair Intelliflow 3050 VS/SVRS (3HP), Pentair ET 8 with Screen Logic, Pentair Racer with 3/4 HP booster pump, 400KBTU Pentair Mastertemp, Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter, J&J Intellibrite LED in spa, Zodiac Nature 2 (not used), Stenner pump/liquid Chlorine, build completed in August 2015

13. Back To Top    #13

any update on this? did these nozzle end up working better than the normal eye balls?
    2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

14. Back To Top    #14

The nozzle didn't make a huge difference for me in the height of the bubbler. I've lowered my pump speed since last summer though which is really part of the reason. I would say it is still probably equal to the eyeball that it replaced. I'd rather have the savings from a lower pump speed than a tall bubbler.

If all else fails it is much nicer having this lay almost flush on the floor of the ledge, vs the eyeball sticking up 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch, so I still consider it a win.
    Greg -