Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Heater Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Solar Heater Issue

New pool owners as we moved in last year and this is our first winter, I am not sure if the solar panel is running through the pump and into the pool. The pool is 60 degrees and has been for weeks, though the thermometers on the solar panel's pipes say 100 & 90 degrees. I am not sure if the valve is turned On to let the water running through the solar panel pipes go into the pool?! Help! (How do I attach pictures of what is by my pump so you can see it?) How do I tell if the Valves are On or Off and which valve opens and closes what?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Solar Heater Issue

How to add pictures to a post (full guide with screenshots)

Once we see what you have we can help get it sorted out.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pacific NW

The solar I once had at another house had those temp guages....they were always off when
    water was not running through them and basically reading the ambient temperature.

Does the sun hit the area they are in? probably just reading the air or stuck from last time you used them
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Jandy Lite2 LJ250N gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Amelia Island, FL

Sounds like a valve / lack of flow issue. Pics please.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.