Fellow Ontarians - Some Help and Ideas?

Gobi

Feb 18, 2016
Hamilton, ON, Canada
I'm planning to purchase a Hydroforce 12' round by 39" deep metal frame pool from Crappy Tire this spring.
I've wrapped my head around what I need to do to get it set up and level and happy, but my main concern is raccoons.
Having lived in the GTA most of my life, and having lost inflatable kiddie pools overnight to raccoons, I'm wondering how durable this "real" pool will be.
We now live in downtown Hamilton and I have seen far fewer raccoons than I used to in East York/Scarborough, but I know they're around.
The pool isn't the inflatable kind, just the liner strapped to a frame, but that still seems vulnerable to me. Anyone locals have any experience with this? Tips?
I'm also considering buying a sonic fence thingy, but am not sure how well they work.

Welcome to TFP!

Here in the states, we know those as Intex and several other names.

The liner on those is usually pretty tough. We've had our dogs chase feral cats in our yard into the our Intex pool, cats claws don't seem to harm it. Our dogs do swim in the pool, and even their claws haven't damaged the liner -- yet.....

My best guess would be that the raccoons aren't going to be much of a problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.