So slightly jumping the gun here, but we're less than two weeks from closing on a beautiful house with a very nice indoor pool. In preparation, I sourced a K-2006 test kit (not easy at a good price in Canada), started watching the price on chlorine sources, and counting the days until it's ours!
Brief summary though, of the interesting points:
- tile lined, flagstone deck
- 15 x 30 foot rectangular, approximately 9 feet deep end
- pool heated with a heat exchanger circuit off of a natural gas boiler (the main home heater)
- enclosure heated as its own boiler zone, two radiators with convectors
- change rooms, sauna, restroom and shower in the pool enclosure
- attached to, but separated from the house by exterior windows and door
- tiles freshly acid washed and re-grouted with epoxy grout
- new sand filter
Anybody else in Ontario have a sense of the best chlorine prices? From what I have seen, Canadian Tire 5L of 10.8% at $5.99 is a leader, as well as Chlorox Concentrated (8.25%) on sale for $1.99 (regular $3.99) is the best I have seen.
I have done a ton of reading here and on other forums, since indoor air quality is a major concern. I'm confident that I can handle the chemistry, and I know that a well maintained pool doesn't smell - and now that I know the way things work, I'm not very likely to use public pools anymore.
Can't wait, and can't believe it's going to be ours!