Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: G'day from Brisbane, Australia

1. Back To Top    #1

G'day from Brisbane, Australia

Hi all,

Quick introduction. Reporting in from Brisbane, Australia - where it's beautiful one day, perfect the next (when we're not flooded or experiencing a cyclone.)

Have been a pool owner for the past 2 years after having our pool built along with our house. Have previously been trekking down to the local poolshop each fortnight to get our water tested and my wallet emptied. After receiving some bad advice have decided to start testing and managing things myself. Have bought a Taylor K-2006 kit (lots of trouble getting my hands on one locally) so hopefully will be set.

Dealing with a high cyanuric acid and high chlorine problem at the moment which will see me emptying most of the water from the pool this weekend.

Hope to learn lots and ask relatively informed questions.

Cheers!

Atomic_ute

QxFYf2g.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: G'day from Brisbane, Australia

Welcome! Congrats on getting informed and ordering a great testkit! We love Aussies.... Jealous of the weather. My pool is iced over!

3. Back To Top    #3

Pool looks great and welcome, mate. You can get Taylor refills from NQPoolTestKits when you need them.

Love the name. Is it an SS?
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

4. Back To Top    #4

Last edited by MarianParoo; 02-18-2016 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Whoops, wrong link!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi! So glad you found us! Your wallet will be glad as well!

Wait until you see what your water looks like when we are done with it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

That's a beautiful pool! Welcome!!!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the warm welcome all! Almost as warm as my pool at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by needsajet View Post
    Love the name. Is it an SS?
    ^ This guy gets it... No not an SS. Petrol gauge drops to empty just looking at the accelerator pedal as it is. I'd have to get a second job to run a V8.

For all you confused Americans - Holden V6 Sports Utility in "Atomic Green". - Hence atomic_ute. A modern version of the Chevy El Camino.

7sgiBrs.jpg
    Last edited by atomic_ute; 02-18-2016 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Line breaks FTW

8. Back To Top    #8

Love someone else who is not afraid of color!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

We had an SV6 in that colour for a while, affectionately known as Gramma's Green Car. I'm driving a boring but nearly immaculate '03 Calais that is amazingly comfortable Good to meet you, and yeh, as much as I'd love an SS... better buy more lotto tickets.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

10. Back To Top    #10

Confused American here. Cool ride! I haven't seen anything like that since the El Camino. Looks like a cross between the El Camino and a Subaru Brat!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

g'day Nice ute, love the pool too
    6000 gal, AG vinyl, Intex ultra frame 16ft, 1200 Gallon Sand Filter, DIY Solar, Clear Choice Labs Testing Kit