First test with TF-100

chris4150 said:
Ok,

I Tell me what this means or what to do next to confirm my observations.
If the stains faded with chlorine then they are organic and not metal. IF you run your chlorine on the high side you will eventually bleach them out.

I have an in-line chlorinator, so to increase my chlorine do I continue with bleach or purchase liquid chlorine or run the in-line chlorinator wide open full of trichlor tabs? Also, is it added in moderation or one full load? Any equipement issues I should be concerned about? Sorry for all of the questions.

I second that...I wouldn't use your trichlor tabs/inline chlorinator at all right now till you get this figured out and you have a good understanding of the water chemistry and what things like trichlor do to your water. :wink:

Just go pick up some bleach or liquid chlorine, whereever you can find the best price. Check your local pool store's liquid chlorine, sometimes they have a good deal. If you can get a gallon of 10-12.5% for less than $3.00 it's a very good price.

FC levels up to shock level are fine, they won't cause any problems.

Calcium chloride is sold as a deicer in some areas. One common brand name is DOWFLAKE. And, of course, pool stores and big box stores with pool departments will carry calcium increaser of one kind or another.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.