I have been checking out PB in the Tucson area. Some say or email they can't build in our budget with my pic and size wanted. Others show THEIR design, shrink the pool size, etc.. and still manage to list the price 7k to 15k over our 32k budget. I cut out pebble sheen and quartz for plaster, concrete pad instead of better travertine, tile instead of rock, sheer descents instead of waterfalls, no spa, no frill except we need the water sound since our .89 acre lot backs to a hwy and the back sheer descent to work with existing gentle slope. Already spent 20K on masonry and view back wall with 16 ft access gate. I want to stay within 10% of house value which= $340K I have to add solar and salt cell later which will be over the 10% value of course. We have Chocolate Labrador Retriever litters (2 to 4 a year) and I do train them to swim prior to going to their new homes, so I need that 6" lagoon relatively large. See our pup on youtube from our home in Phoenix we sold in August https://youtu.be/XmNHTUhaWug
Anyway, we moved back to Tucson (Vail) for job and larger lot and have to build a pool. We built a (waterworld) fiberglass 16x43 in PA by NJ in 2004, but fiberglass is not recommended in this high desert heat and I like the larger lagoon option. The pool in Phoenix was too small (a fanny soaker freeform 12x24ish). We wanted a 20x45, but scaled back to 21x38. Do you think it's big enough? Have enough cleaners in floor? Need 2nd LED lights instead of 1? No to fiberoptic, we could only see 2 steps in phoenix pool with that. No to (A&A) in floor cleaning system. I had to change heads $70 each wit no warranty. 2002 Shasta pool 3rd owner. We replaced all pool equipment, ugh, and only had it 2 years. I do extra fine nets in skimmer and clean dog hair out almost daily. I am not afraid of scrubbing walls and pumice stoning tile. Do you think this is a good price? Do you recommend a salt system? We installed Circupool in both other homes and I cleaned and muriatic acid the cells regularly which was fine. Only owned each about 3 to 5 years though. All advice, criticisms welcome. Being an RN, I can accept mean and crude too I have been reading a lot on this forum and everyone has such great advise, ideas, and different perspectives. I was even thinking of subbing out myself, but that is more than I can chew by far, back in PA we picked our own decking company and got rock lava surface since it dried too fast (out 6k for removal and redu from another company) I did check with area vendors and found that this company uses some good ones and is roc/bbb good standing. Have to call for references from recent jobs still. Sorry this got long, but I am wanting to put a deposit down to start permit. I have HOA approval and the fence/permitted already. Anxious and excited about pulling the trigger this time... Thanks, Wendy
max width:21 linear feet
max length: 38 lin. feet
min depth: 3ft
max depth: 6 ft.
approx. gals: 25,500
perimeter: 102 lin ft.
interior: 938 sq ft.
steps: 6" lagoon w/3 bubblers and umbrella sleeve & standard bench 6ft end
deck: 400sq ft "green" (I didn't ask for that color) salt finished concrete w/4 deck jets
1. permits, engineered drawing, forming, layout, excavation, remove dirt, standard dig.
2. approximate 40 ft deck drain, electrical included 50 ft run, interior finish: white plaster
3. genuine 6 inch thick pneumatically placed Shotcrete with 12 inch wide bond beam
4. reinforcing steel to be #3, 12 inches on center each way, with 6 inches on center vertically at deep section of pool, with depth 5 ft or greater.
5. pool plumbing 1.5 to 2.0 max diameter, pressure tested schedule 40 or better
6. waterline tile 6" standard, accent tile standard 1" or 2" on steps and bench 9-12" apart
7. 36ft raised beam 18" w/3 power 3ft water features (sheer descent)
8. pre plumbed stub future solar, salt
9.Equipment: Filter: Pentair clean & clear 4420 cartridge filter Pump: Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump Dedicated pump to 3 power fall water feature, 3 bubblers and 4 deck jets Main drains: 2-VGB compliance safety guard, max flow
10. Skimmer: 1 single pvc auto weir and float, Return: 4 directional adjustable unidirectional rotation, Light: 1 intellibrite LED color with switch GFCI, Automatic water leveler/ vacuum breaker.
11. Automatic Cleaner: 8 port ultra-flex caretaker in floor system, Chlorinator: SGS Breeze salt system plumed in 8 port valve only, start up clean equipment and chemicals and instructions
Total Price: 32,607 plus tax= $ 33,899.00
extra deck optional at 8.25 per sq ft.