2 speed motor wiring help

Mar 2, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I finally purchased a 1.5 hp 2 speed motor to replace my single speed hayward super 2. I have an aqualogic ps-4 for control with an available aux2 relay. I understand the wiring schematic but want to know the correct way to combine the line in and common wires to the new relay. Should I splice the line or can I add the new wire at the filter pump connection screw to the Aux 2 open relay?

I also have to add a 4th wire from the motor to my box. Is it best to just run a single 12g wire through the conduit? I am disabling the toggle hi/low switch as I need to use the aqualogic automation speed control as I have in-ground pop up cleaners and solar. Thanks for any information and help you may be able to provide.

If I'm reading your question correctly, the quick and easy way would be to remove the wire from the pump relay and attach two pigtails using a wire nut. A cleaner way would be to use spade connectors and run a jumper from the pump relay to the aux relay.

As for pulling the extra wire, I just pushed a section of wire through the existing flex conduit until it poked through the other end. I used 12g wire which was plenty stiff to get the job done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.