Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Desion Time

1. Back To Top    #1

Lake Worth FL

Desion Time

We are finally going to a SWG. Now the problems start. Our research has narrowed it down to two units: one the Auto Pilot Nano + ( which our pool resurface co. carries ) and the other by CircuPool RJ30 Through Discount Salt Water Pool. The price is about $100 less or the Rj30 with the upgrade and handles up to 30k gal. But the Nano+ only 22K gal. but it has a nifty bypass valve which delivers less water pressure to the cell and full pressure to the pool (if that makes a difference). Decisions, decisions, decisions. I can use some guidance. Has any one used these systems? Is there something better foe a comparable price?
    Any help would be appreciated.

South Fl : 15K gal Plaster, 1 hp pump, Harmsco paper cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Desion Time

You really want a unit that is rated for at least 30K gallons. Anything smaller will require you run at a higher % more of the time and reduce the cell life.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

I hate to add to your indecision, but have you considered the Hayward AquaRite AQR15. Probably the most popular unit among forum members. Rated for upto 40k pools, puts out out 1.4 lbs per day. Control can be set in 1% increments. Cost less than $900 (online pricing). I've had one for over ten years and if the entire unit blew up today, I would order another one tomorrow. My first cell lasted well over 7 years and cost less than $400 to replace, making my chlorine cost less than $57 per year for a 19k pool that's open year-round.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

While I don't own an SWG for my pool (do have one on my hot tub though), I tend to agree with chiefwej, the Hayward unit is very popular on this forum, overall their are few complaints, and it does provide a great bang for the buck.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~